About Motion Picture Association
The Motion Picture Association (MPA) is a trade association representing the six major American film studios (i.e. Paramount Pictures Corporation, Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Universal City Studios LLC, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., and Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures). Its content protection department is charged with protecting the film, video and television products of its members against illegal duplication, distribution and sale.
Developer / Programmer Internship
between March 2017 and December 2017
Duration: 11 to 15 weeks
Possibly leading to future employment: Not specified
- Developing scripts for intelligence gathering and enforcement purposes
- Designing and developing applications
- Analysis, investigation, and reporting on websites and applications involved in copyright infringement
A more detailed description of the ongoing projects can be provided upon request.
You have knowledge of:
- Relational Databases (SQL, PostgreSQL)
- Website scraping
- Linux (basic)
- Computer networking (TCP/IP, DNS, etc.)
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
- PHP (Symphony Framework)
You also have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Familiarity with file-sharing technologies, including streaming video and peer-to-peer
- The ability to communicate well in English, both in writing and orally
- Creative problem solving skills
- The highest level of work ethics and integrity with the ability to maintain confidential information
- The ability to deliver professional results on short deadlines and amidst shifting priorities while remaining poised
This internship is available as an unpaid position for students who need to do an internship as part of their studies. It is also available as a paid position for people who do not need it as part of their studies. The initial duration of this internship is 3 months, and can be extended to 6 months if both parties agree.
Only applications submitted in English will be considered.