The LCM & DRP Officer reports to the IT Infrastructure Team Lead who reports to the IT Operations Manager.
To strengthen both Lifecycle Management and Business Continuity Management on infrastructure level, the customer is looking for a combined LCM & DRP Officer.
1. Lifecycle Management (LCM):
Lifecycle Management at the customer is seen at both application and infrastructure level.
2. Business Continuity Management (Bcm) & Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP):
Business Continuity Management (Bcm) is business driven and covers Crisis Management (CM), Business Continuity Plan (Bcp) and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP).
The Bcm objective is that critical chains supported by Business Applications are operational within an agreed Maximum Outage Time (Mot) after calamity causing a crisis situation with people, offices or datacenters. The Disaster Recovery Plan strategy is yearly updated and complies to the Business Continuity Management policy managed and provided by the customer.
The LCM & Bcm/DRP Officer will be responsible for:
- The overall LCM process and liaison with the Infra Providers in regards to the Technology Roadmaps.
- Raising new LCM initiatives on Portfolio and Program level.
- Ensuring the customer will align with the Technology Roadmaps coming from the main Infra Providers. These organizations have strong guidelines and standards which the customer is following and applying.
- Driving the Technology Roadmaps with the other Infra Providers
- Explaining the Mot for critical chains and business applications which will be met based on the following evidence:
- DR test results showing availability is within required timelines, and functionality has been tested according to the requirements from the Asset Owner.
- DR test results incl. findings and issues have been signed off by Ciso, Operational Risk Management (ORM) and Asset Owners.
- Mainframe (z/OS)
- Servers (Windows, Linux, WebSphere, Jbos, Dbs, Connectivity)
- Storage (Filers, SAN, Disk)
- Network (LAN, Colt WAN, Security)
Executes the following tasks for:
1. Lifecycle Management:
- Define and own the Lifecycle Management process within IT Operations.
- Define and coordinate the LCM initiatives within IT.
- Create a roadmap including version support dates (End-of Support and End-of-Life) for each infrastructure component type and dependencies on other component versions.
- Align roadmaps within the organization to the vendor roadmaps
- Define and execute a quarterly LCM check with the Infra Providers regarding the Technology Roadmaps
- Check service agreements on lifecycle management and patch management in close collaboration with the IT Service Manager
- Obtain quarterly reports on technical assets per Business Application or Infra Service from the IT Configuration Manager.
- Review assets per Business application and/or Infrastructure Service and propose updates to be included in the back-log for the Product Increment (PI) planning meetings.
2. Operational Disaster Recovery Plan:
- Maintain overview of critical business applications and chains in scope (based on Bia and Cia rating in CMDB).
- Manage IT infra suppliers hosting these applications and chains processing (critical) data.
- Define DRP scope with IT Infra suppliers, Change & IT and Business.
- Pre-check and ensure all Disaster Recovery Plans are up-to-date including testing of the complete IT stack.
- Approval and sign off by ORM and Asset Owners on pre-checks concerning applications and chains mentioned in DRP
- Ensure Risk Acceptances are available and up-to-date.
- Ensure DR test findings are updated in the Irisks.
- Evaluate and report on test results and required objectives after DR tests regarding business applications and chains.
- Obtain sign-offs from Asset Owners and ORM on DR test results.
- Support in set up, alignment and management of a central DRP calendar for all managed and delivered IT services from a customer Business Unit perspective.
- Ensure DR tests are planned conform the customers change process incl. alignment about execution date and test moments.
- Coordinate with Application (Scrum) Teams concerning business application testing when executing DR infra tests.
- Manage DRP documentation maintenance.
- Ensure DRP technical awareness.
- Align and interface with the customers service providers, partners, the counterpart(s) at the customers level, Risk and Security.
- Act in compliance with the industry and the customers technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures.
- Deliver management information to the IT Infrastructure Team Leader and/or the IT Operations Manager.
- You Have:
- A Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in Lifecycle Management and related processes.
- Proven experience in Business Continuity Management and/or Disaster Recovery Plan
- Strong coordination and/or project management skills.
- Strong knowledge of IT Infrastructure (compute, network, Storage).
- Ability to work under pressure, especially following a crisis event.
- Strong technical writing ability.
- Strong verbal communications skills.
- Excellent data management and analysis skills.
- Strong written and verbal skills and a very good knowledge of English and Dutch/French.
- No 9-to-5 attitude, especially when DR tests are scheduled after business hours / during weekends, and willing to achieve an extra mile when required.
- You Are:
- A key-contributor in complex and crucial environments.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work independently.
- Action and result oriented.
- Well organized.
- A problem solver in the communications and network domain.
- A good communicator.
- Able to speak the language of the “user”.
Internal and external communication with the different stakeholders. These include (but are not limited to):
- Architecture teams
- The customers Central IT
- Process owners (incident, change, problem, configuration management)
- IT Infra Integration Project Manager
- Service providers of the customer