We are currently looking for a Java Developer, who will be part of our connectivity team in Ghent or Trier. This team works on connecting Agfa's flagship application (ORBIS) to other systems and devices within a hospital environment.
Within connectivity we're integrating a vast array of domains such as patient data, medication, pharmacy, scheduling and master data, handling a throughput of millions of messages.
As a Java Developer
- You design parts of the application in collaboration with other java developers.
- You embrace our agile software development methodology.
- You consider quality as a key value in order to ensure patient safety in our software.
- You work closely with the verification engineers within the team to guarantee proper integration tests.
- You work together with different remote R&D teams.
What you bring to the table
- You hold a Bachelor- or Master's Degree in Computer Science or similar through experience.
- You have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience with Java software development.
- You are skilled in JEE, continuous integration and design patterns.
- Knowledge of interoperability standards (IHE, HL7, FHIR) is an asset.
- You are capable of handling a large, complicated code base.
- You are comfortable expressing yourself within the team.
- You can cope with a very dynamic environment and have an eye for improvement.
- You have excellent communication skills and fluent in English (both verbal and written).
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented and committed team of individuals, training and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you want to be part of this experience, we'll take you there!