IT Team Lead R&D
AGFA HealthCare has an exciting opportunity for an IT Team Lead Research & Development. As an R&D Team Lead you will be responsible for leading the group to deliver high value, performant software solutions. You will provide guidance and direction to a team of developers through the design, implementation and automated/integration testing of our software, using Agile software development methodologies. You will develop short and long term plans for the team and support developers in their daily work as well as in their long term career growth.
As IT Team Lead R&D you are responsible for:
- Manage a team that will deliver high quality, innovative software solutions, in collaboration with stakeholders such as Scrum masters, architects, developers, product managers/product owners, testers and support personnel.
- Support the team by providing direction, clarity and coaching.
- Supervise daily development tasks in the team ranging from prototyping, design, implementation, automated testing, troubleshooting, and third tier customer support.
- Manage performance of team members by setting goals and evaluating performance, supporting growth initiative and career planning.
- Drive continuous development process improvements and align/consolidate across teams
- Build collaborative relationships with other teams and stakeholders within the organization.
- You have a Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in leading software engineering teams.
- You have experience working with Agile development methodologies for 3 years or more
- You have understanding of, and experience leading a team through the full spectrum of the software development life cycle.
- You have strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to quickly absorb new concepts and technologies.
- A technical mindset is a must - our teams are using Java
- Knowledge in medical informatics protocols and standards such as DICOM, HL7, FHIR, and IHE integration frameworks for medical devices and electronic medical record systems is a plus
- You are able to build relationships across a multiple organization levels.
- You are able to motivate others
You are passionate, with a strong sense of teamwork and commitment
Location: AGFA HealthCare, Ghent (Belgium)
What we can offer you
We offer a rewarding career in a field that impacts lives, the opportunity to work with a talented, committed team of individuals, training, and career development programs, and a competitive compensation and benefits package. So are you ready to shape (y)our future?