Within Non-Life insurance, Allianz Belgium plans and executes a number of projects and enhancements on its application portfolio. This portfolio consists of:
- An backend system managing contracts and claims, Mainframe based
- A frontend for brokers and internal users to manage the full life cycle of a contract, .NET based applications
- A series of recent applications to support claim notification and the management of external parties (inspectors, experts, lawyers, ...), .NET based
Next to these local projects, an important initiative is ongoing to create a Benelux platform for Non-Life, based on a Group solution. Teams from Belgium and The Netherlands are working closely together with external suppliers for this.
For this Benelux team, we are looking for a Functional Analyst/designer.
Allianz is the Home for those who Dare!
About Allianz in the Benelux
Allianz is a global leader in insurance and financial services provision. It is present in over 70 countries, employing more than 140,000 people and serving more than 86 million customers. In the Benelux, Allianz offers a broad range of insurance products and services for individuals, the self-employed, SMEs, and large companies through its network of insurance brokers. In Belgium and Luxembourg, Allianz serves more than 900,000 customers, employs close to 950 people, and collects 2.1 billion euros. In the Netherlands, Allianz serves over 1.3 million customers with the help of distribution partners and its direct writer, AllSecur. Allianz employs approximately 1,000 people in the Netherlands and collects 1.1 billion euros in gross premiums in that country.
The candidate will be added to the team responsible for the gap analysis, the functional /technical design, the configuration and the testing of the Group solution and its integration with the local applications.
- Develops deep functional and high level technical understanding of the new solution, covering the frontend, the rich client and/or the batch applications
- Reviews and details business requirements for customizations of the solution
- Translates these requirements to application impacts - customizations to online and batch applications, adaptations to the data model
- Performs a deep dive on the impact on the configuration data, covering a.o. product definitions, roles, rules etcf
- Creates functional designs
- Ensures coherence of the functional designs cross application
- Works with the technical designers On Site and off-shore
- Prepares and executes application tests, performs analysis for defects
- Supports user acceptance tests
- Analyses incidents in production and hands these over to the development teams
- Candidate has a university degree (e.g. economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer, exact sciences, ...) or equivalent based on relevant experience.
- He/she has relevant experience in functional analysis, technical design and application testing.
- As an alternative, the candidate has strong experience in development and technical design and wants to move towards a functional designer role.
- Any relevant experience in the financial industry (banking/insurance) or with package based implementations is appreciated.
- Candidate has a good basis of English and is fluent in French and/or Dutch.
He/she should have a combination of qualities
- Good listener and at the same time challenging the input (from Business, from development teams, ...)
- Well structured in his/her work
- Takes care of the details - has strong affinity to IT, although the candidate will not be developing applications
- Be creative and pro-active
- Take a step back and identify opportunities for improvement
- Has an interest to learn gradually the insurance industry and the applications required to support current and future needs
- Previous experience in working as a consultant of working with consultants onshore or offshore is a plus
- Knowledge of SQL, Java and/or PL/1 is a 'plus' but not a must
Primary work location is Brussels, but regularly, participation in Rotterdam is required (approx. 5 days/month) and occasionally, training or conferences might be held in Austria or another EU country.
We Dare to challenge you to join Allianz Benelux and bring it to the next level. We offer you a challenging role in an international landscape and more:
- Working in a dynamic environment at Allianz, the world leader in financial provision and insurance
- A pleasant working atmosphere and great work-life balance
- An experienced and enthusiastic team
- An engaging, analytical, social, and multilingual job
- A company located in the heart of Brussels at walking distance from the metro (planned move will be in 2019 to a brand new building at walking distance from the north station)
- Development opportunities and an attractive salary package supplemented with extra-legal benefits in line with your experience
Have we sparked your interest?
Don't hesitate, apply online, and discover your potential at Allianz!