- The Business Intelligence team ensures that the different business units have the right insights deducted from raw data.
- The team provides these insights via standard Cognos reports & dashboards, Qlik Sense self-service cubes, ad-hoc deep-dive data analysis and advanced analytics (e.g. predictive models).
- We assist the management in making the right tactical & strategic decisions based on data.
As Functional Analyst, you are responsible during the LifeCycle of a project with BI impact to:
- Gather the BI requirements (functional & non-functional)
- Assess the impact on our current BI landscape
- Review the solution design from a functional point of view
- Act as product owner (representing the business stakeholder) during the delivery phase
- Write test scenario's & assist business in acceptance testing
- Roll-out the solution towards the business stakeholders (Pgl communication, documentation & training)
...this all in very close collaboration with the BI Scrum teams, your fellow BI analysts and the business stakeholders
Required skills & experience
- You have a Master degree Commercial/Civil Engineer, Applied Economics, Computer Sciences, Information Management or equal in experience.
- You have at least 3 years of experience working as a BI, business or Functional Analyst in a BI environment.
- You can identify gaps in the business information needs and know how to capture BI requirements using the right interview & workshop techniques.
- You can define a conceptual data model & translate business needs into a functional design for the IT Agile Scrum teams.
- Knowing the basics of ETL is a plus.
- You have experience in working with BI reporting & data discovery tools, preferably in Cognos and Qlik Sense. Facts & dimensions have no secrets for you.
- Having Telecom industry experience is a plus.
- You have a very good knowledge of (Oracle) SQL and MS Excel.
- You are familiar with the Agile Scrum project methodology.
- You have some experience in managing projects.
- A project management certificate is a plus.
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch & English. French is a plus.
- You combine a strong business affinity with a great interest in data crunching.
- You have great communication & presentation skills and know how to convince people
- You are eager to learn and you do not avoid any challenge
- You can manage your own planning & priorities and can align with stakeholders of every level to come to the desired result
- You have a good portion of assertiveness and you dare to challenge your stakeholders where needed
- You are flexible and love to work in a very dynamic & changing environment
- You understand what it takes to work with confidential corporate data