Why joining us ?
The best moment to join us
By joining Approach, you will have the advantages of working in a human-scale company in terms of direct communication, flexibility, dynamism, work-life balance and fast decision-making, combined with the financial strength and stability of larger structures.
Our unique projects
This context will give you the opportunity to work on ambitious and challenging projects. As an example amongst many others, At APPROACH, we are very proud to have been a major actor in the development of the Belgian application “Itsme”, a mobile and connected digital identity.
A major actor in the cyber security eco-system
The diversity of our customer base ranges gives us the opportunity to propose to our consultants multiple projects in accordance with their background, goals and interests.
A Competence Centre of excellence: our trainings and certifications
And last but not least, you will have access to our competence centre in cyber security. At APPROACH, we don't view certifications as a marketing artefact. We are continuously investing in our talents and developing the skills of our people. Our consultants are all certified professionals who aim to continuously develop their knowledge.
We are looking for a Java Developer to integrate our Secure Delivery Department and to join the “Itsme” adventure. You will take part in stimulating consulting assignments and secure development projects and your main tasks will consist of:
- Being a key player in the development of complex IT projects.
- Developing high quality secure software, assuring the highest possible stability, performance, readability and maintainability.
- Being in charge of technical analysis, development, test, documentation and maintenance of new applications.
- Developing your competencies and level of expertise by a continuous and ongoing progression and active participation in training sessions
The project Itsme is a very challenging project with a high visibility, requiring an eagerness to learn and to love being challenged every day. You will join a dynamic and very well balanced team of 7 software engineers in our office in Mont-Saint-Guibert.
By joining this project, you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop functional and technical skills and expertise in an area of specialization such as secure development, software security, etc.
- Acquire the fundamentals of the consulting role in regard to analytical capacity, ability to see the overall picture, both written and oral expression.
- Utilise or learn the tools or methodologies of the Practice and actively contribute to the development of these tools and methodologies.
- Have a unique chance to be a real active part in the development of a successful company (entrepreneurial mind-set)
- A positive challenge in a professional but still human and dynamic business environment
- A flexibility in your role with the possibility to be involved in almost every aspect of the project, from the development of the app to his architecture.
Required Qualifications & Experience
- At least 2 years of work experience in Java/JEE software development is a must
- Familiarity with SOA and/or micro services architecture
- Good knowledge of SOAP and REST APIs
- Strong self-motivator and entrepreneurial pro-active attitude
- Adaptive, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good inter-personal contacts and team player. Indeed, we are a team of 7 software engineers working closely together and we have many contact with customers.
- Preferably FR-EN or NL-EN
Considered as a plus:
- A first experience with IT Security concepts such as Federated Identity (SAML, OAuth, digital signature, OpenID) and application security is a big plus
- Knowledge of frameworks such as Spring or Struts
- Knowledge of cryptography (PKI)
- Experience in an Agile project
Approach has two locations:
- AXIS PARC (Louvain la Neuve) features a conference centre and a wide range of amenities: restaurants, fitness centre, childcare nursery ... And is located in a traffic jam zone free !
- Our office in Antwerp is located in the city centre, next to the Museum aan de stroom, with a fine view over the River Scheldt.
We offer an attractive and performance-rewarding compensation package, including maximum benefit possibilities and a company car to every employee.
How to apply
Interested? Please send your CV or contact details via the button below and we will get back to you within 7 working days.
Do not hesitate to apply spontaneously or to contact us. We are always keen to discuss about Approach or your career goals.
 In 2017, Belgium became the first country in the world to launch a mobile and connected digital identity: itsme®. And Approach contributed extensively to developing and securing itsme®, demonstrating its leadership in this area.