As an Enterprise Architect, you will support the business development teams by:
- Solving business challenges with an Enterprise Architecture solution:
- Understand the business requirements and strategy
- Create technical (hybrid) diagrams
- Agree with project managers on proposed solution, taking into account the existing Reference Architecture, cost and feasibility.
- Talking technical and business language:
- Strong communication and collaboration with application project teams and external vendors.
- Drive consensus across different IT departments.
- You are able to handle several projects in parallel,, where your main responsibility is:
- To understand the Detailed User Requirements (Use Cases)
- Draw solution architecture diagrams, driven by business needs
- Reach consensus on the proposed solution with EA and IT development teams
- Support Data Modelers (Conceptual - Logical - Physical Data Modeling)
- Follow up on implementation and occasional code quality checks
- Explain technology direction to a technical audience
- Explain complex issues to a non-technical audience and executives
- Deliver within agreed timelines.
Key required competencies as an Enterprise Architect:
- Follow up on cutting edge software
- Focusing on Service Oriented Architecture (research, testing and evaluation) in order to improve reliability, availability and lower IT cost.
- Software development experience with excellent knowledge.
- Service Tiers (Spring, Hibernate)
- Data Tiers (JPA, JDBC, ODBC)
- Database solutions (RDBMS Oracle, MS SQL, DB2)
- Linux, Windows OS, VMWare
- Middleware (Camel, ActiveMQ, CXF)
- Enterprise Integration Patterns
- RESTful web services, JSON, JMS
- Development tooling (Maven, SVN, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo...)
- Fluent in English, stress resistant and team player
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in Enterprise Architecture for at least 5 years.