Our client is looking for a Freelance Release and Change Coordinator
3-4 days in Brussel and 1-2 days in Antwerp
- As a Release and Change coordinator you will be working within the Corporate Release and Change Management Organization and facilitate in a practical way the delivery by projects of IT application enhancements within the our Release and Change Model.
- As a Release and Change Coordinator you will deliver value to the organization by engaging IT delivery within projects and Release and Changes. You will assist the Corporate Release and Change Manager and the Project Managers in delivering within time and quality.
- Whilst keeping a role within the Release and Change process, the Release and Change Coordinator will take on the Release and Change related activities and deliverables within each project assigned to him. He / She acts as enabler for those projects on their road to delivery in line with the Quality Standards Embedded in the Release and Change Management process.
Release and Change Planning:
- Ensures that projects adhere to a feasible planning within a Release and Change model that allows their phased delivery approach (Dtap).
- Maintains & Mitigates on the Release and Change Risk log for each project
- Facilitates Release and Change planning meetings with key stakeholders to identify proper sequencing of Release and Change packages. Ensures that issues and risks are identified, understood, and dealt with in a manner that mitigates risk to scope and schedule.
- Defines and documents in collaboration with the project teams the Release and Change recommendation for each Release and Change and/or change to production. Includes Release and Change scope, schedule, deliverables, and roll back / forward plan. Reviews Release and Change recommendation with key stakeholders.
- Oversees Release and Change decisions and processes in terms of the big picture/cross-departmental impacts.
- Maintains Release and Change management schedule for specific (or assigned) projects.
- Ensures all changes for a Release and Change are documented in Release and Change notes which are published to both the internal team and the client.
- Attends change & Release and Change management meetings such as Release and Change Forum and deployment planning meetings to collect data and information pertaining to the Release and Change.
Release and Change Management:
- Pursues Project compliance with Release and Change acceptance criteria and Quality Gates.
- Coordinates and schedules key changes to production activities. This includes the tracking of all impacted elements with team leads as the project moves through testing regions into production.
- Supports Release and Change execution by monitoring of each phase of the Release and Change. Validates the Release and Change as it progresses thru various quality gates and phases, alerts appropriate corporate Release and Change management of any errors or issues that need to be addressed.
- Provides Release and Change coordination and communication before, during and after deployment.
- Facilitates emergency Release and Changes from production incident identification to incident closure after Release and Change.
- Verifies and facilitates customer acceptance/signoff on deliverables.
Test & Environment Coordination:
- Strictly manages timing and coordination of test runs with competing projects and stakeholders sharing Test, Acceptance and Pre-production environments.
- Assists in the day to day management of non-production environment usage, configuration, maintenance and scheduling of the different test environments for each Release and Change.
Release and Change Standards and Processes:
- Works directly with the Corporate Release and Change Manager to assure the feasibility of the Release and Change Model and the adjacent process.
- Identifies opportunities to make tactical improvements to the Release and Change Model.
- Maintains documentation in line with the processes in place.
- Provides input towards Release and Change standards and policies at our company.
- Educates (external) stakeholders on the Release and Change methodology and strategy.
- Collects feedback from the stakeholders on Release and Change management standards
- Within the projects in scope he / she integrates the Release and Change activities with other IT processes including ITSM and Waterfall/Agile processes ensuring End-To-End delivery.
- Education: Higher education or university level (bachelor or master) or equivalent by experience.
- Proven competences on Release and Change Management & Coordination
- Knowledge of Version Control and Application Life Cycle Management
- Knowledge about Iso20k: Change & Release and Change Mgmt
- Knowledge on Scrum and Agile practices
- Knowledge on Testing practices
- Extensive knowledge of project management techniques
- Experienced in defining Release and Change plans, risk logging & mitigation, testing practices,...
- Experience with Bugzilla & Jira or other major vendor tools
- ITIL® / Iso20k Certification is a plus
- Background in IT Operations and / or Development
- Skills & Attitude:
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Passion for IT Delivery and helping people!
- Creative and innovative attitude
- Have an eye for quality and detail
- Strong people skills as well as communication skills
- Team player but also able to work independently
- Dynamic, flexible and diplomatic
- Passion for people, passion for excellence
- Commitment! Say what you do and do what you say.
- Accommodate a flexible schedule as most Release and Changes occur outside of regular business hours
- Languages: Good written and oral communication skills (NL / FR).
- Experience: You have +5 years of experience within a medium to large IT organization of which at least 2 years within Release and Change management / coordination practices.