The Outbound Communication service is searching for an experienced Java Developer to strengthen its team.
The department handles all communications between AXA Belgium and external stakeholders through different media (paper/digital), and therefore has a fully transversal view and responsibility throughout the whole company.
As a Java Developer linked to these highly visible and strategic assignments, you will not only be responsible for the programming of applications, but empowered to take the full ownership of your tasks by grasping the functional requirements linked to your daily work.
Your manager will strongly encourage you to think outside the box to offer creative solutions to your daily tasks, giving you the opportunity to ensure its sustainability through more innovative and proactive suggestions.
- Take full ownership of your app development through migration projects, lifecycle management, sustainability implementations, etc.
- Efficiently work with several different stakeholders offshore and onshore.
- Contact key SPOCs to grasp the functional requirements and impacts on your tasks.
- Give your support for IT Processes reviews.
- Respect processes, standards & guidelines on across the software development life cycle (development, security and monitoring). Ensure that these processes, standards & guidelines are respected by spot checks of business projects deliverables, code review, enforced governance and institutionalized procedures;
- Proactively identify improvements and propose solutions to leverage the development experience consensus of the whole Java Community, increasing their productivity and engagement.
- You have around 5 years of Java development experience (but open to any level of experienced professional).
- You have a degree in IT-related studies or equivalent by experience.
- You have a professional level of English, and speak either French or Dutch fluently.
- Strong experience in:
- Principles: Object Oriented Design, Web Services, REST, Continuous Integration
- Frameworks: Spring / Spring Boot, Hibernate, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, Log4j
- Tools: Maven, Eclipse, SoapUI, JUnit, GIT.
- Experience in:
- Principles: AOP, ORM, TDD, Mocking, Agile, Scrum
- Frameworks: Spring Batch, CXF, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JAXB, Log4j;
- Tools: SoapUI, WebLogic, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory.
- Angular experiences is a plus;
- Technics on Pair programming, coaching and code reviewing.
- Experience in transversal (and/or workflow) applications development and maintenance is a plus
- Soft skills:
- You are assertive, and a good communicator with any kind of stakeholder.
- You are autonomous and capable of taking ownership of a project.
- You are creative and proactive enough to bring your improvement ideas to the table.
What we offer...
A nice reward for your hard work
An attractive salary, supplemented with discretionary personal and collective bonuses and of course, meal and eco vouchers.
The benefits of working at an insurance company
From group to hospitalization insurance and ambulatory care (family members can also join at an advantageous rate) and with up to 30% discount on all additional insurance products.
A job that respects your personal life and dreams
With 35 days off per year to recharge, home working options, sports facilities and professional training to make sure you stay in shape mentally, physically and professionally!