Belfius Insurance is engaged in a highly visible digital transition program to optimize its customer provisioning processes of non-life insurance products, in order to realize the company's future proof digital ambitions.
To achieve this goal, we are decommissioning legacy platforms in favour of an open architecture design, involving package implementation under the responsibility of an external partner, combined with new solutions for document management, referential systems, financial platforms and Business Intelligence data mining.
Within the scope of this program and to Support the Agile product configuration team, we are hiring an experienced Scrum Master with affinity in non-life insurance product configuration, in a significant and committed role towards delivering this digital ambition.
- Team guidance and organization using Agile/Scrum best-practices
- Inspire the team towards self-organization and commitment
- Coach the team to remove impediments
- Earn trust and host a safe environment where team and planning issues can be raised without fear of blame, retribution or judgement
- Facilitate meetings, discussions, decision making and conflict resolution within the team
- Motivate the team to increase delivery transparency by introducing information radiators, burndown charts, etc.
- Support and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to discipline in maintaining and refining (grooming) the product backlog
- Lead by example and provide all necessary Support to the team in order to achieve and exceed the sprint focus and deliver on commitment.
Skills and experience
- Hands-on experience with several Agile approaches, i.e. Scrum, XP, Kanban
- Hands-on experience with industry best-practices in Agile techniques, i.e. User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming, Automated Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of or experience in Agile scaling frameworks such as Less, Nexus, Safe,... is a plus.
- Natural leadership and people management skills
- Pragmatic communicator and competitive motivator, able to create a safe but result orientated work environment and team spirit
- Experience in financial sector is a plus
- Fluent communication in English and Dutch is required , and active knowledge of French is a plus.