The Server System Administrator assists the monitoring, back-up, testing, polling, configuration, analysis, evaluations and control of the general network (LAN/WLAN) at Biocartis, based on Windows operating systems (Windows OS), Virtualization (VMware) and applications (Exchange, SharePoint, SQL, AD/DNS/DFS).
- Assists in the day to day operations of Biocartis server infrastructure;
- Become the expert for Biocartis server administration;
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use;
- Create/Manage Groups, Projects, Databases, Data Sources and Data Connections ;
- Install, modify and maintain systems and utility software on server computer systems;
- Monitor server activity/usage statistics to identify possible performance issues/enhancements;
- Develop official procedures (SOP, WI, CL) and follow CR policies as defined to ensure qualified infrastructure;
- Run and control Backup Schema's of servers and data;
- Upgrade server software;
- Enforce policies;
- Provide infrastructure project support to IT divisions;
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommend ways for PCC to take advantage of new technology;
- Maintain and support Biocartis international locations with infrastructure.
- Education: Bachelor ICT or equivalent degree with a first work experience in systems administration or equivalent experience, in related employment.
- Experience: At least 1 year work experience in complex systems administration, topology and systems software and support.
Technical/Theoretical knowledge, skills and expertise
- Operating systems;
- Current equipment and technologies in use;
- Windows system administration, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring tools;
- Effective project management techniques;
- Principles and practices of effective management and supervision;
- Linux / Unix is surplus.;
- Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with policies / procedures;
- Communicate technical / complex information, both verbally and in writing;
- Establish and maintain cooperation, understanding, trust and credibility;
- Perform multiple tasks concurrently;
- Respond to emergency situations effectively.
Good knowledge, orally and in writing of Dutch and English.
Job specific behavioural competencies
- Planning & organisation - Planning & organization: plans and organizes own work(load) in an effective way by setting priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Adaptability to change - Embracing change: is open for change and willing to adapt to changing tasks, priorities and unexpected events.
- Resilience - Displays a positive attitude in the face of ambiguity, stress and change.
- Communication & influencing - Communicates with clarity: speaks and writes clearly and to-the-point; active listener.
- Analytical thinking - Gathers information from varied sources, analyzes data in a critical way using common sense and logical thinking.