Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Do you want to work in small multidisciplinary teams and work creatively alongside your colleagues from different business lines and departments, in other words, to work in Agile mode?
This is where it happens!
Your future job
Every tribe/squad member is part of a chapter. As Chapter lead you're a people manager and expertise lead. This expertise you use to develop the right competences in your chapter and you play an important role in the career development of your chapter members. You are also part of the tribe leadership.
Your main challenges
You contribute to the daily functioning of the tribe and represent your chapter in the tribe leadership.
You collaborate closely with the squads, products owners, Agile coaches and other stakeholders in order to continuously improve the way of working, tools and skills of your chapter members.
You translate the needs of your expertise area in strategic development points for the chapter/guild.
You create an environment that will allow your developers to thrive.
To make sure that you stay in touch with evolving technologies and development methodologies it's important to keep doing development activities yourself as member of one of the Squads in your tribe.
Highlight your strengths
You have a master degree or equivalent by experience.
You have at least 7 years of experience in an IT environment
You have a good knowledge of English, Dutch & French.
You have experience with complex technical projects in an Agile environment.
You have experience in coaching and mentoring developers. While experience as a people manager is a plus, it is not a must
You have good social skills and you are empathic, you can relate to the feelings and sentiments of the people in your chapter.
- You have passion and drive for innovation
- You have a strong knowledge of software engineering fundamentals and always aimed for the quality in software
- You know the principles behind clean code
- You have a solid understanding of software testing methodologies (Test Driven Development (TDD) is a plus)
- You have experience with continuous integration/delivery.
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP PARIBAS Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more? Listen to Luciné, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP PARIBAS Fortis now and apply here
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we're looking for? Then you're sure to hear from us. Good luck!