Willing to push the boundaries with us for a more sustainable world?
Do you want to work in small multidisciplinary teams and work creatively alongside your colleagues from different business lines and departments, in other words, to work in Agile mode?
This is where it happens!
Your future job
The squad is responsible for multiple projects related to the International Payment engine of Tribe Payments. This engine is used by many BNP PARIBAS Group entities to process their customer's international payments. The squad projects include the connection of additional BNP entities, the development of new functionalities, the expansion to new clearing systems, etc. The engine itself runs on Linux but is also supported by Mainframe applications.
Your main challenges
Get to know the product 'International Payments' and the way it is implemented in the IT systems.
Elaborate the technical analysis and design of new requirements as defined by the Functional Analyst, in such way that it can be implemented by a Developer. The technical solution must be in line with company standards concerning quality and performance, and resource usage.
Support the developers in the squad, mostly offshore, to find the right technical implementation.
Challenge and validate the quality of the development (regarding used standards, performance, efficiency,...)
Support the testers in the squad and help fixing complex defects
Apart from regular business needs, support the production team to fix any critical problem in production.
Actively develop the T-shaping of the squad by sharing knowledge with your colleagues and by taking up other responsibilities than the ones mentioned before, if needed.
Highlight your strengths
- You have a Bachelor diploma in IT.
- You have several years of experience as a Mainframe or Unix developer, and you are keen to become a lead Technical Analyst.
- You are fluent in English. French and/or Dutch are an asset
- You are accurate, dynamic, proactive, autonomous and an excellent team player; you have good verbal communication skills.
- You are able to organize and prioritize your own work efficiently.
- You are able to take in charge developments and to coach efficiently junior developers.
- You are flexible and able to work in multiple environments with different project methodologies, multiple teams and colleagues
- You are able to work in a big organization with multiple stakeholders
- You have a good understanding of banking in general. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and translate these into software with real business value.
- You have essential IT knowledge: Unix, Cobol, Mainframe, JCL, DB2 , Endeavor, Ctrlm , SQL, MQ
- You can write accurate and clear technical analyses. Experience working with offshore / remote teams is a plus.
- You are interested in new technologies (Java, API ...)
Your future workplace
Thanks to the daily commitment of our more than 12,000 employees, BNP PARIBAS Fortis aims to be a responsible and sustainable leader and the preferred partner of our clients over the long term. For IT it means developing ingenious banking technologies to continuously offer them tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives.
Our IT teams work at the centre of Brussels, just a few 100m from the central station, the building has a company restaurant and the bank has a flexible homeworking policy.
Want to know more? Listen to Luciné, Web & Digital Foundations Cluster Product Owner.
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings.
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 per cent).
Choose BNP PARIBAS Fortis now and apply here via the button below.
We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we're looking for? Then you're sure to hear from us. Good luck!