- Need of Operational Readiness support is increasing within Darwin Tb program.
- The position recruited to permanently fill the position will be working on standardizing Operational Readiness methodology and frameworks.
- Since this position is not filled yet, the consultant will start working on supporting/managing Darwin activities and do a first design of more permanent frameworks (concept design).
- Ensures uniform way of working for Operational Readiness for all types of changes; transformational, incremental, small projects and in Agile Way of Working.
- With an increasing amount of changes and with the speed they are being processed, it will become more important to implement projects and changes in a structured way and control the impact on operations.
- Will be designing methodology and frameworks to be used by project teams and Operational Readiness functions within the operations.
- By monitoring and coaching on the usage of Operational Readiness methodology, this position ensures that sufficient focus is being given to the preparations for internal go-live of all projects and changes.
- He/she acts as a sparring partner for project managers and business owners/sponsors on the way of working for Operational Readiness and supports in the design of the project/program blueprint for all aspects of the internal go live within the Tb organization.
- This position will also work together with the Business Owners and Operational Readiness functions to design and implement a model which defines the roles and responsibilities for readiness activities, reducing the amount of overlapping activities and clarifying which activities are managed within the operations or more centrally through the project or Transformation & Implementation office.
- Manages the shared services agreements for Operational Readiness activities.
- Maintains relationships with non-Tb projectteams and readiness functions and represents the organization in case of impact on Tb operations. Will ensure that impact is being properly assessed and that necessary Tb stakeholders are involved.
- Manages Operational Readiness for projects which are out of scope of the Tb Governance process (where there are no similar Tb projects which are handling the Tb version of the initiative).
- Reports to the relevant stakeholders on the overall view of projects and changes with impact on the Tb organization, especially those which are not on the overview of the Tb Governance.
- Reports as well on missed scope and/or gaps in E2E processes and ensures these are being addressed properly (start mitigating activities, ensure follow-up in next project etc.)
- Design and implement Tb Operational Readiness methodology and frameworks and monitor/coach on the usage
- Develop a model of roles and responsibilities within Tb for the Operational Readiness of Projects and changes and define which activities are managed within the operations or more centrally
- Manages Operational Readiness for projects which are out of scope of the Tb Governance process
- Act as a sparring partner for project managers and business owners/sponsors on the way of working for Operational Readiness
- Support / take ownership in the design of the project/program blueprint for all aspects of the internal go live within the Tb organization
- Reports on overall view of projects and changes and on missed scope and/or gaps in E2E processes and ensures these are being addressed properly
- The Business Readiness Manager must understand the business, industry and corresponding technology.
- Besides Telecom knowledge, ICT knowledge is required too as lot of projects need IT adaptations or are dealing with deploying of applications.
- Must have a deep understanding of operational models, day to day operations and as well of project structures and methodology
- Between 3 to 10 years relevant experience.
Knowledge must make it possible
- to identify impact and stakeholders in the organization,
- to lead the teams to define and build optimal solutions taking into account different expectations,
- to challenge each of the impacted processes, solutions & plans,
- to identify dependencies and conflicts between different projects
- to manage organizational and customer impact.
Following interpersonal skills are key:
- Stakeholder management and perception management
- Excellent selling, influencing skills & negotiation skills.
- Ability to align stakeholders and enforce decisions in multi-stakeholder environments
- Ability to build trust, and an open and transparent working climate
- High “get it done“ & mobilization capabilities
- Ability to adapt management and interaction style to the environment, situation, stakeholder expectations.