The Infrastructure Architect has an extensive experience in performing the following activities:
- Understand, translate business requirements into system and infrastructure requirements (Blades virtualisation, Storage management, Networking technologies)
- Define Infrastructure architecture principles, decisions and architecture views
- Define the Bill of materials addressing the architectural solution
- Interlock with System Architects / Technical specialists to provide technical directions.
- Work with the Design Authority / Technical Governance board to review, resolve and gain consensus on the architecture decisions.
- Collaborate with the Project Governance and Implementation Planning team for planning, reporting and escalating solution status, issues & risks.
- Provide technical oversight to the system architects and design team.
- UML: Experience in creating, using architecture views and design of the system using UML.
- IT Service Management ITIL V3 : Understanding of ITIL processes and their application during solution operations phase.
- Cloud Solutions Architecture : Experienced in designing, planning and architecting a Cloud solution.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Cloud architecture principles, provide solution recommendations based on industry best practices.
- Products and tools
- Enterprise Architect : SparX Enterprise Architect or the equivalent: Use of architecture modelling tools (e.g. Jazz Rrc, IBM Rational System Architect, MS Visio, SparX Enterprise Architect), expert in producing architecture views.