- The IT Security Engineer is responsible for controlling and auditing the security of the different applications and systems used within the client's Belgian branche but also for auditing and assessing the physical network infrastructure, including servers, appliances and network switches for vulnerabilities and risks to the organization.
- The IT Security Engineer supports the organization in fixing the security gaps derived from internal/external audits and assessments provided by the Global Network Information Security teams.
- Managing the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, rec-ommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk including vulnerability scan-ning, vendor risk management, penetration testing and the client's Belgium insider risk.
- Engaging with the IT Architecture team to ensure that there is a convergence of business, technical and se-curity requirements.
- Active participation in Security projects, collaborating with IT peers for implementation of security tools and processes.
- Controlling and auditing systems which provide security services within the Pwc Belgium network and Windows environment.
- Antivirus on workstations and servers.
- Firewall rule management and monitoring in close collaboration with Network experts.
- Support in implementation and optimization of application and Cloud security.
- SIEM for infrastructure logging and monitoring.
- Follow-up on security patching based on vulnerability scanning reports. Patching activities are done by the IT Operations teams and/or System Owners.
- Identifying and resolving problems.
- Liaison with Nis (Global Security Teams) in regards to security solution and standards.
- Liaison with Security Operations Center (SoC) for vulnerability scanning and reporting including security incident management process.
- Conducting internally performed risk assessments, infrastructure penetration tests and intrusion attempts
- Providing responses and action plans to external security assessments
- Recommending security improvements and coordination with System Owners like external parties to im-plement.
- Upgrades security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements.
- Delivering management information to the local CISO / Team Manager.
- A Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in corporate IT security.
- Deep technical experience and knowledge of Information Security, IT, networks, Cloud, etc.
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and - procedures.
- Proven experience with risk frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal skills and a very good knowledge of English and Dutch/French.
- Experience in small scale project planning and reporting either individually or in a team.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar IT security certifications are a plus.
- Customer focused.
- Able to work independently.
- Action and result oriented.
- Well organized.
- A problem solver in the IT security domain.
- A good communicator to engage technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able to speak the language of the “user”.
- Able to mentor less experienced “users” and/or peers.