As an Associate Software Engineer you will join our IT team (65+ developers) in the centre of Brussels.
- The position will involve working on several of our products/tools. These tools are used for internal purposes (automating the integration of data, treating large databases coming from suppliers, along with the automatic matching of data) and external purposes mainly including Web based products for our customers (our worldwide solution ORBIS, databases with local specifications, and our catalysts with complex algorithms which help our customers to make right decisions).
- Each new development or enhancement of our existing products needs a high level of code quality to improve the user's experience (speed, accuracy, ergonomic,...)
- Your tasks will involve:
- Interpreting business requirements with the assistance of Business Analysts and more senior engineers.
- Implementing and testing features based on the requirements and the technical designs written by more senior team members.
- Complying with coding standards.
- Collaborating with quality assurance engineers to fix defects.
- Collaborating with build and release engineers to prepare packages.
- Helping to investigate problems reported by clients.
- Bachelor or Master in IT, with or without experience but interested in the development and maintenance of high end and effective solutions to handle and publish high volume of informations (over 310 million companies are registered in our core database, that's a huge numbers of terabytes of data...).
- C# : 4.5 (very good knowledge of OOP and Java can be enough if you are ready to learn C#)
- Very good knowledge of Object Oriented programming and real interest in complex algorithms
- Patterns : MVC (knowledge of other patterns is an asset)
- Microsoft SQL Server (general interest in DB is mandatory, we publish high volumes of information
- JQuery, HTML 5 and CSS for front end development
- Able to work well within the constructs of an Agile development process, including Scrum, Unit Testing, Continuous Build and Integration, etc.
- Experienced in Development tools: Visual Studio, GitHub, TFS.