Are you a believer of the sentence: you build it, you run it? Clean code, test driven development, continuous integration are the cherry on your cake? You are passionate about development and look forward to mastering Storage, organization and exploitation of PBs (petabytes) of data? If the answer is "all the above" this is the right opportunity for you.
- Are you a believer of the sentence: you build it, you run it? Clean code, test driven development, continuous integration are the cherry on your cake? You are passionate about development and look forward to mastering Storage, organization and exploitation of PBs (petabytes) of data? If the answer is "all the above" this is the right opportunity for you.
- As a DevOps Engineer, you will take part in B&D's Data engineering team. Your strong skills in development and system will allow you to help our data scientists to build and deploy robust data applications.
- In parallel, you will follow a data engineer career path where you will learn how to:
- Design end-to-end big data solutions by understanding business requirements and translate those into technical components as building blocks of the to-be solution
- Analyze data by sourcing, capturing, transformation and preparation techniques
- Work with new technologies such as Hadoop, Kafka, Flink, Spark, Hive, Impala, Akka, Elastic search...
- What we consider a must have:
- A relevant Master or Bachelor degree (i.e Computer Science) or a proven track of professional working experience is required.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with ICT projects (covering both Software and Unix system)
- Strong development experience in Java, Scala or C++
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Bash.
- Knowledge of continuous development / deployment concepts (GIT, SBT / Maven, Jenkins, Nexus/Artifactory ...)
- Knowledge Docker and orchestration platform such as Kubernetes, OpenShift or Mesos
- Experience with SQL-like data manipulation (SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL,...)
- Knowledge of micro-services framework such as Spring, Loopback (Node.js), Akka HTTP
- What we appreciate:
- Software development is your passion and you are proud to show-off your very own pet projects
- You thrive in diverse work environments where you grow, learn and develop yourself; in-house, creating our own software products, and/or as a consultant at the customers site
- You are a fast learner and have a strong 'getting-things-done' mind-set.
- Staying on top of the latest tech industry innovations/trends and continuously further develop yourself comes naturally to you. You easily adapt to an evolving set of development methods, tools and libraries.
- You are a team-player, but are able to work independently.
- You have excellent communication skills; accurate and to-the-point.
- What would be a cherry on the cake?
- First experience with Hadoop ecosystem (Spark, Kafka, HDFS, Hive, HBase, ...)
- Working experience in Agile environment
- Experience with Cloud platform (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with NoSQL DBs (MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4j)
By joining Business & Decision, you will get an attractive consultant package including a company car, a strong career path, relevant training, challenging missions and projects and international perspectives. You will integrate into a highly skilled team and enjoy our famous after work activities and events!