The SAP Abap Consultant is responsible for the design, development, testing & Support for Abap to meet the business needs of the Client.
Working closely with our SAP Functional Specialists to deliver, maintain and troubleshoot and enhance SAP functionality.
- Perform code review and single point of contact for all Abap developments.
- Ability to co-ordinate and interact with multiple teams
- Should have strong hands-on knowledge in Abap technologies viz. Interactive Reporting, Dialog Programming, BAPI, RFC, SAP Scripts, Smartforms, Ale/Idocs, Interface Programming, Bdc, Workflow and Data Conversions, Abap OO
- Ability to help resolve complex technical issues and independently manage critical/complex situations.
- The candidate will be responsible for Technical analysis specification, designing, reviews, testing an implementation of SAP developments, ranging from small enhancements to large projects
- Ensure compliance to existing, and development of required data and reporting standards.
- Support production configuration and assist in functional change requests.
- Assist initial testing of problem fixes, change request, enhancements, and new functionality.
- Work with the SAP Functional exports to facilitate incident & problem resolution.
- Work with SAP to resolve software bugs.
- Keep abreast of SAP releases, enhancements/new functionality and perform application research.
- Participate in release upgrade or new functionality / enhancement assessments and make recommendations.
- Perform break/fix analysis and recommend solutions for finance related processes.
- Develops technical specifications and works with Basis and functional experts to complete object development and testing
- Understands and applies The Client methodologies and procedures
Key Skills AND Required Qualifications
- 6 years of SAP Abap configuration with minimum 2 End-to-End Implementations and at least 2 Support Projects
- At least 6 years of experience in Abap with the modules, FI, Co
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- SAP Abap Certification will be an added advantage.
- Languages required : Fluent French and English.