Financial Applications Engineer
We're looking for a Financial Applications Engineer for a permanent contract in an international company based in Waterloo.
You'll be responsible for the implementation and the maintenance for one or more applications (day-to-day operations including monitoring, administration and maintenance)
- Analyze application and service performance, characteristics and behaviors, troubleshoots problems, and recommends procurement of and/or modifications to application or service configurations and resources to maintain service availability.
- Responsible for the identification, diagnosis and resolution of application problems, and conduct incident and problem investigation.
- Responsible in maintaining service availability of the infrastructure as per SLA by pro-actively managing and monitoring the network, systems and security.
- Monitor network and system performance and respond to anomalies and issues according to documented procedures. Participates in efforts to develop and implement processes for application and system monitoring.
- Responsible for implementing application software and other services based on documented polices and standards to meet the needs of clients. Performs installation and configuration of new/existing application software.
- Collaborate with Network Administrators and Database Administrators to ensure proper integration of application software Work closely with application development teams and vendors to fine-tune and troubleshoot applications.
- Responsible in assessing client application requirements, test, recommend and implement solution to meet these requirements.
- Participate in efforts to implement application updates to include upgrades, patches, and new releases. Performs configuration changes performs application backups according to documented policies and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported or escalated by the customer Identify, apply and document solutions for errors and irregularities in the application and its related services according to documented policies and procedures.
- Liaise with vendors for support on issues related to the application software.
- Collaborate with other team members and departments to deliver an effective and optimal solution in the implementation of projects, tasks and operations.
- Prepares technical documentation on the assigned tasks.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, Information systems or Engineering.
- 2-5 years' experience in banking environment
- 2-5 years' experience in IT Field
- Swift Certified
- Knowledge of OS, Databases, Network, Financial Applications are added advantages.
- Certification in Microsoft technologies, MSSQL, Swift or ITIL is an added value
- Capacity to grasp new concepts quickly.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill in English.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, aptitude for creativity and design, customer-service skills, team player.