My client is a reference within big data software solutions. With their internal product they manage to combine several big data frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, ... This is resulting in a high-level data solution which is used by many clients within Belgium and Flanders. Business reason vacancy
Due to their sustainable growth, they are looking out for their newest consultants.
- As a Big Data Software Consultant, you will be designing, writing and implementing great software, using the best development practices.
- Passion for all aspects of software development as well as customer facing is a must.
- This role offers a seasoned engineer, with a blend of distributed data platforms and data analytics skills, the opportunity to be part of a talented team and significantly impact implementing data-centric enterprise software.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills (EN, and NL or FR for the Belgian position)
- Strong interpersonal and customer facing skills, customer service orientation
- Open minded and solution oriented
- Persistent, accurate, imaginative
- A logical approach to the solution of problems and good conceptual ability and skills in analysis
- Ability to integrate research and best practices into problem avoidance and continuous improvement
- Self reliant and capable of both independent work and as member of a team
- Discipline to document and record results
- Enjoying constantly expanding your knowledge base
- Willing to work at customer location and travel Regularlythe successful candidate should have 5+ years experience building and designing large-scale software development and consultancy.
- He/ she has a strong crossfunctional technical background and a willingness and capacity to expand leadership and technical skills.
- Expert knowledge developing and debugging in Java/J2EE
- Sound knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS), SQL databases
- Maven, GIT, IntelliJ/Eclipse, unit testing
- Proficient Linux user with basic Linux administration skills
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming environment
- Strong customer focus
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Be knowledgeable of industry standards and trends
- Are Considered a Plus:
- Experience in working with Hadoop/MapReduce, HBase, Hive, Flume, Solr
- Familiarity with No-SQL and ETL tools
- Knowledgeable of the RESTful concept
- Experience with Python
- Knowledge of data modelling and programming
- Experiencewith performance tuning andprofiling
- Interview with HR manager + technical manager
- Technical interview with technical team members
- Salary negotiation
Making part of this new player within the big data market with clients all over Belgium and the world
You will be rewarded with a more than competitive remuneration, on a permanent base. Self-deployment and education is a key value to you as their newest employee.
Sthree Belgium is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.