- The Unix Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level Support of 900+ Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX servers running various applications.
- The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects using Unix/Linux as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of Unix/Linux environments.
- The team provides onsite cover between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Mon - Fri, and also provides watch duty cover outside of office hours.
Essential Technical Skills / Experience
- Red Hat Linux / VMware ESX
- Strong Red Hat Linux knowledge, version 7
- Strong VMware ESX knowledge, version 6.5
- Designing & implementing the VMware virtualization for running Red Hat Enterprise Linux VMs.
- Implementation in a 2 (or 3) datacentres context with an underlying synchronous SAN replication
- Having expertise in a Kvm to VMware migration, especially converting existing Kvm managed Storage into VMware managed Storage.
- Having some knowledge of Red Hat HA clustering solution
- Having some knowledge of Vce Vblock notions
- Experience in writing Technical Documentation
- Ability To Use The Following Products IS Required For Day-To-Day Tasks:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Products
- Lotus Notes
Highly Desirable Technical Skills / Experience
- Red Hat Ansible
- Security tools and concepts (SSH, SSL, PKI, LDAP, etc.)
- Financial services / controlled environment exposure
- Due to the sensitive nature of our business, the systems are subject to tight change control procedures. A familiarity with and understanding of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
- Proven technical ability.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Must be able to set realistic targets and meet deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
- Outgoing, resourceful and able to obtain information from other parts of the organisation efficiently and with minimum disruption.
- Excellent analytical skills, versatile, and inquisitive.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- You must be an EU national to apply for this role.
- Language: English
- Working Hours
- Normal working hours are 09:00 - 17:00.
- There is a requirement for this position to perform occasional weekend work.
- Location: Brussels
- Rate: 450-500 euros per day
- Duration: 6 months