We are currently looking for an experienced Windows Server and ESX system administrator for our second line Support team (1500 servers and 200 ESX hosts).
- Scope : 2nd level Support of Windows Servers & ESX hosts (Windows 2008 and 2012, ESX 5.5 & 6) in a complex and Hybrid environment consisting on the following responsibilities:
- 2nd level Support during business hours - Onsite Production and non-production Support from 8:00 till 18:00 Cet
- Watch Duty On Call Support outside business hours from 18:00 till 8:00, assigned on a rotational basis
- Follow-up of production environment problems and change requests (ITIL processes)
- Management of DNS, File & Print, Backups, Archives, restores and associated infrastructures.
- Contribution to roadmap projects
- Several demonstrable years' experience in managing and supporting large Windows Servers environments (Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012)
- Several demonstrable years' experience in managing and supporting VMware ESX (5.5 & 6.0).
- Very good knowledge on one or more infrastructure areas: File Servers , Print servers , DNS, AD, Networker, NAS, SAN, Epo, Move)
- Knowledge of clustering solutions and server Hardware technology (HP, UCS, vblock)
- Knowledge of networking basics and TCP/IP
- You need to demonstrate the following capabilities:
- To learn a lot in a limited period of time and to be self-study oriented.
- To easily adapt to new circumstances / technologies / procedures.
- To handle administrative tasks and work in a demanding operational context
- To be stress resistant and constructive whatever the context
- To act as a true team player and to demonstrate good interpersonal skills
- To summarize complex technical situation in simple terms
- To be solution and client oriented
- To balance quality and speed
- Essential Languages :
- Fluent English (mandatory)
- French or Dutch
- You must be an EU national to be considered for this role.
- Shift work applicable (3 shifts: flexible business hours; 08:00 - 17:00; 09:00 - 18:00);
- Watch Duty and Weekend work required: estimated average of once every 6-8 weeks
- Occasionally, some tasks need to be performed before or after business hours
- Location: Brussels
- Rate: 450-500 euros per day
- Duration: 6 months