Our client is the nr 1 alternative in Unified Communication, employs a team of 40 experts, fully dedicated to develop and market a state-of-the-art UC solution.
The solution is based on open standards and uses a unique hybrid cloud architecture, combining the best of the cloud with the strengths of the customer's LAN.
Since its establishment in 2003, they have been awarded with many industry awards, recognizing its vision and reliability. Organizations like major operators (Proximus, Orange and Colt), enterprises (Colruyt, ...), public institutions (Smals, IRISnet, Belnet...) and defence and space companies (Airbus defence and space, Astrid) have successfully implemented the Unified Communication solution of our client. After the introduction of its patented cloud technology), our client is now building a Cloud infrastructure in order to continuously offer its latest innovations.
In order to support the growth of the company, our client is looking to hire a Cloud Development Engineer for there offices at 1300 Waver.
You are part of our Research & Development team and are responsible for the development of smart communication tools and the evolution of the Cloud Platform. You contribute to one or more virtual team in a dev/ops approach on a day-to-day basis.
As Cloud Development Engineer, you are responsible for
- End-to-end product development implementation, including the security aspects
- Product Engineering
- Training and handover of the product to the service team
As a problem solver, you like to find the most pragmatic roadmap to rollout secure software and architecture needed for the customers.
- You are an engineer in information technology with experience in delivering cloud applications (API, backend implementation, security, scalability ...)
- You have a 0 (first relevant internship experience) or up to 5 years' experience and are eager to learn from senior colleagues
- You are used to work in a Linux environment and have a general interest in Open Source software
- Knowledge of open standards like SIP, WebRTC, and mobile OS is a plus and you are eager to further develop your expertise in telecommunication
- You have network and security knowledge
You are a developer who is language agnostic and you see the language as a tool, not as a goal.
- You speak English. Fluency in French or Dutch is a plus
- You're willing to be a player in a no-nonsense environment of a fast-growing company
- You focus on making a product the customer loves
- You see product development in a broader scope where software development is part of the solution
- You are a problem solver
- You want to be part of a new revolution in the business communication
- You are a team-player
- You are curious and constantly increasing your knowledge by self-study
- You have a strong empathy for your colleagues and customers
- You are eager to contribute to the creation and development of new product solutions
- Product development being a creative process, you should be able to express yourself clearly, listen to and challenge the ideas of your colleagues
- You are deliverable oriented. Your motivation comes when our customers use your software and are satisfied
- You are accurate, well-organised and have a structured approach to managing projects
- You should be capable of giving and accepting constructive feedback
- You have a positive mind-set : positivism is a moral duty
- Last but not least ... have fun !
- An exciting environment where you will learn how to develop software and products in a Lean and Mean manner. Everything is temporary and fast moving these days and this also impacts the way products and software are being developed. We strongly believes in disposable, lean and mean software development. Our product development is Agile and we adapt the Scrum methodology to our demanding business through a DevOps approach.
- The opportunity to develop your competencies
- A competitive salary package, including a company car, meal vouchers, net allowance, group and hospitalization insurance, mobile phone and laptop.
- Teleworking facilities
- A fun and welcoming team.