Based in the center of Brussels, our client is a young and dynamic Telecom and services provider. Resulting from a private-public partnership (PPP) between the Brussels Region and Orange, our client develops, installs and manages many regional projects for all its customers among whom: Brussels's municipalities, hospitals as well as police and emergency services, Actiris, STIB, Brussels formation, Brussels environment,..
As main asset, our client owns more than 400km optical cables on the Region and has one of the biggest fiber optic footprint on this area. Connecting thousands of sites through different technologies, the organization offers many different services to its customers like connectivity (IP VPN), dedicated VoIP solutions, video protection & video conference services, WiFi.brussels and so on.
The company's environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products and can become your playground!
- You will be responsible for providing support to our customers which are municipalities, administrations, hospitals and Police departments
- You will show technical understanding on customers issues
- You will complete all information's related to the issue in the ticketing system
- You will work as technical support (level 1) on the customer network and services to his customers, mainly on Cisco and HP products for the network and Audiocode & Escaux for the voice part, Cisco CUCM for the videoconferencing part. Knowledge of Video over IP is an asset (VMS Genetec).
- The support will be provided during the office hours and there is a duty support service after the hours (about one week a month).
- The work environment bid a huge diversity of technology exposure on applications, network, voice and video products
- This position assures to the person a leaning curve in a lot of different technologies
- After the outsourcing period, there are evolution opportunities as product specialist and being involved in the services design and/or projects delivery
- You will work in collaboration with the operations team
- Communicate with the SLA responsible/service manager in case of potential exceeded SLA
- Builds strong team relationships with other Network Engineers
- Connects directly with end customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues
- You will be responsible of the direct communication to the customer and will classify the reported issue
- You will provide level 1 technical support to end customers on the different technologies, products, and/or solutions with a special focus on Unified Communication and LAN services
- You will provide the first steps of troubleshooting
- You will share his/her knowledge with other people in writing technical issues and solutions in order to enlarge the knowledge database and documentation
- You will escalate the problems to the team if the issue is not to be solved at his/her level
- You will escalate some specific problems to the Product Manager and/or to the Operations Manager for product enhancement
- You will look for product enhancement
- You will work closely with his colleagues to achieve common goals
- You will strive to technical excellence and expertise
- Bachelors in Computer Science equivalent by experience
- Prior experience in a technical ICT/Telecom support environment
- Prior experience of high-level technical problem solving
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIE certifications and other relevant technical certifications.
- Autonomous worker with team spirit
- Eager to learn. Technical aptitude to assimilate new learning quickly
- Enjoy sharing knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent French, Dutch and English
- Flexible: very able to adapt in a fast-changing environment.
- Out-of-the-box thinker.
- Able to take initiative and drive change.
- Performs well under pressure and in disruptive environments where priorities can change in response to customer demand
- Capacity and passion to help customers. Good customer engagement
- Manages customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about the company
- Team player
- Fundamental “core” networking skills, including routing, Switching
- Knowledge in one or more of the following areas: Unified communication/VoIP, Call Center, Routing, Switching, Firewalling
- Knowledge of IT architecture (advantageous)