Within Non-Life insurance, our client plans and executes a number of projects and enhancements on its application portfolio.
This portfolio consists of:
- a backend system managing contracts and claims, Mainframe based
- a frontend for brokers and internal users to manage the full life cycle of a contract, .NET based applications
- a series of recent applications to support claim notification and the management of external parties (inspectors, experts, lawyers...), .NET based.
Next to these local projects, a important initiative is ongoing to create a Benelux platform for Non-Life, based on a Group solution. Teams from Belgium and The Netherlands are working closely together with external suppliers for this.
For this Benelux Team we are looking for:
Our client, a large company active in the financial sector, is currently looking for a Head of Organizational Management Benelux to report to the CIO Benelux. The role is based in Brussels.
The candidate will be added to the team responsible for the gap analysis, the functional /technical design, the configuration and the testing of the Group solution and its integration with the local applications.
- develops deep functional and high level technical understanding of the new solution, covering the frontend, the rich client and/or the batch applications
- reviews and details business requirements for customizations of the solution
- translates these requirements to application impacts - customizations to online and batch applications, adaptations to the data model
- performs a deep dive on the impact on the configuration data, covering a.o. product definitions, roles, rules etc
- creates functional designs
- ensures coherence of the functional designs cross application
- works with the technical designers on site and off-shore
- prepares and executes application tests, performs analysis for defects
- supports user acceptance tests
- analyses incidents in production and hands these over to the development teams
- Candidate has a university degree (e.g. economics, commercial engineer, civil engineer, exact sciences, ...) or equivalent based on relevant experience.
- He/she has relevant experience in functional analysis, technical design and application testing. As an alternative, the candidate has strong experience in development and technical design and wants to move towards a functional designer role.
- Any relevant experience in the financial industry (banking/insurance) or with package based implementations is appreciated.
- Candidate has a good basis of English and is fluent in French and/or Dutch.
- He/she should have a combination of qualities:
- good listener and at the same time challenging the input (from Business, from development teams...)
- well structured in his/her work
- takes care of the details
- has strong affinity to IT, although the candidate will not be developing applications
- be creative and pro-active
- take a step back and identify opportunities for improvement
- has an interest to learn gradually the insurance industry and the applications required to support current and future needs
- previous experience in working as a consultant of working with consultants onshore or offshore is a plus
- knowledge of SQL, java and/or PL/1 is a 'plus' but not a must