For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a BI Cognos Developer.
The Business Intelligence team is in charge of the development of Management Reports. The team is located in the Adm (Application development and Maintenance) division.
The Adm division ensures competitiveness by delivering reliable and sustainable IT solutions for the financial securities markets. Our technical teams deliver new IT solutions and improve existing applications for both our internal and external clients. We deploy changes into the production environment in a controlled and structured way that does not compromise production stability and we ensure applicative production support. Our non-technical people maintain the maturity of the IT project delivery with appropriate controls in line with the group's risk appetite and reducing development and running costs.
Your part of the deal
- Refine the business requirements to understand the scope of Cognos reports.
- Design and develop the Cognos framework based on the Data Warehouse tables.
- Create an easy to use reporting layer for the end user.
- Develop the reports and dashboards requested by the users.
- Define the scheduling requirements for the reports.
- Ensure a full testing of the frameworks, the reports and dashboards delivered to the end users.
- Prepare the deployments & installation instructions for the developments.
- Support the users in their development and usage of the Cognos reporting tools.
- Your main responsibilities will be to handle Business Intelligence developments.
- Based on your depth knowledge of both Business and Business Intelligence you will act as catalyst in order to identify pragmatic solutions.
- You will identify the right balance between Cost and Quality/Completeness.
- The key skill required to work in Business Intelligence is to be interested by both the business world and the IT world. For that reason, we are looking for a person with an IT background and a strong business interest.
- Senior person who has technical skills, business knowledge and basics of dimensional modelling as well.
- Master IBM Cognos suite.
- Can justify of several applications developed using this application.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes, then send us your CV as soon as possible via the button below.