For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for an Experienced Middleware System Administrator.
- These duties will include Tomcat and Java resource update maturity increase.
- The maturity increase covers:
- Reverse engineering Java application configuration regarding Jre/JDK usage.
- Define application inventory per type of application.
- Contribute JDK/Jre/Tomcat update procedure
- Integrate existing automation, implement missing scripts
- Suggest design improvement (limited to Java resource usage)
- Automate the update processes using SharePoint flow (collaboration with SharePoint experts)
- Define reporting about Java update processes
- In a second phase, the candidate will contribute to the adopting of Docker
- Ideal candidate will have experience configuring and troubleshooting Java application hosting Middleware and ideally experience in Dockers Containers.
- The successful candidate will work within a team environment and will be expected to facilitate continuous platform operations and troubleshooting time-sensitive issues along with recommending
- The position requires a high degree of teamwork.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude supporting Windows and Linux servers.
- The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
- Result oriented with problem solving and analytical skills
- Required Skills:
- Experience in Security Vulnerability management
- 3 to 5 years of Windows Server and Linux RedHat related experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux doing all activities such as installation, system integration, patching, upgrades, complex problem resolution and other activities in large, complex environment
- An in-depth knowledge of:
- Linux and Windows operating systems
- Oracle Jre & JDK
- Apache Tomcat administration
- Experience with deploying and administering systems in a high-availability production environment
- The ability to troubleshoot server and application problems in a complex distributed system with many components and dependencies is of critical importance
- Experience/interest in Docker/Containers
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.