For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Finance Project Leader/Designer.
You will work for the team in charge of the implementation, Support and maintenance of the Financial applications. We are looking for an IT Project/Service Manager with design/architect skills, specialised in the Finance domain. The company is starting several initatives to revamp ITS Financial IT landscape. We are looking for external Support to assist us with some architectural choices and to lead several projects will which start this year.
As a Project Manager
- You lead the development of the project proposal or plan to determine timeframe, budget, procedures for accomplishing the project, staffing requirements, and assignment of available resources to various phases of the project;
- You define the overall project governance and organisation, the deliverable scope and the associated responsibilities;
- You oversee the business, technical, organizational, management and financial aspects of the project;
- You regularly report project progress at all levels, including Senior management and/or the sponsor/client;
- You coordinate a team of specialists to implement project tasks.
- You negotiate and manage contracts with external suppliers with the Support of specialized teams (e.g. Corporate Procurement);
- You manage projects using stable project management processes, strategy and frameworks;
- You assist Senior management to gain organizational buy-in where required; maintains and follows-up throughout the project;
- You autonomously deal with tensions and disputes, looking for consensus and benefit for the company.
- On smaller initatives, you'll be requested to act as an Architect:
- You partner with business analysts and infrastucture team to analyse and translate business, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint
- You analyse the Business needs and develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- You design applications and their interfaces in line with the required business and operational requirements, while being compatible with the enterprise wide architectural and design guidelines;
- You are in contact with IT Infrastructure Teams to provide them with a clear and complete information on the application technical context and physical topology;
- You build a good functional and technical knowledge of the implemented package and ITS interfaces;
- You participate to the application software delivery to both test and production environments;
- You contribute to the supervision and/or validation of the build process;
- You Support the test execution, from a technical point of view, handled by the Business end-users during the User Acceptance Test;
- We are looking for an "hands-on" project leader, who is able to manage several small to medium projects in a structured complex IT infrastructure.
- Because you'll be working from start to finish on each project, it's essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view.
- Our landscape contains Oracle eBS, OBIEE, ODI, ORMB, OneSumX, many other small packages and legacy applications running on Mainframe. Experience in these packages are not required, but expositions to similar tools is expected.
- Experience as Project Manager (10+ years)
- Experience in Finance processes (any industry) - accounting, billing, costing & profitability, ... (10+ years)
- Prince2 / PMI certification
- Experience in architecture/design of packaged applications
- Experience in offshore deliveries and fixed/price engagement deliveries
- Knowledge of basic IT principles (system integration, data management, File Transfer, ETL, networking, ...)
- MS Office
- You are Customer minded
- You are proactive and able to think out of the box
- You have good organizational skills and the capacity to work autonomously;
- You can build constructive relationships with all stakeholders, both inside and outside of the company;
- You are committed to accuracy and completeness
- You have good analytical skills
- You demonstrate good communication and negotiation skills
- You are able to write and complete documents in a clear/structured way
- You speak/write English fluently, French or Dutch is an asset
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.