For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Red Hat Linux/VMware Engineer.
- The Unix Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level Support of 900+ Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX servers running various applications.
- The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects using Unix/Linux as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of Unix/Linux environments.
- Red Hat Linux / VMware ESX
- Strong Red Hat Linux knowledge, version 7
- Strong VMware ESX knowledge, version 6.5
- Designing & implementing the VMware virtualization for running Red Hat Enterprise Linux VMs.
- Implementation in a 2 (or 3) datacentres context with an underlying synchronous SAN replication
- Having expertise in a Kvm to VMware migration, especially converting existing Kvm managed Storage into VMware managed Storage.
- Having some knowledge of Red Hat HA clustering solution
- Having some knowledge of Vce Vblock notions
- Experience in writing Technical Documentation
Highly Desirable Technical Skills / Experience
- Red Hat Ansible
- Security tools and concepts (SSH, SSL, PKI, LDAP, etc.)
- Financial services / controlled environment exposure -
- Due to the sensitive nature of our business, systems are subject to tight change control procedures.
- A familiarity with and understanding of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
- Ability to use the following products is required for day-to-day tasks:
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office Products
- Lotus Notes
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
- A wide range of training and career development opportunities.