For one of our major clients in the financial sector, we are looking for a Senior IT Monitoring Engineer.
- Gradually participating in the day to day activities and/or involved in projects deliveries
- Participating in the support of our monitoring or ITIL products infrastructure. All in accordance with security policies and guidelines:
- Interviewing a broad variety of stakeholders (e.g. network engineers, systems engineers, storage engineers, DBAs, application engineers, developers, end-users), to ascertain how best to monitor the infrastructure components and the applications which they support.
- Configuring monitoring definitions and code monitoring scenario / rules according to initial end-users and technical specialist's requirements
- Involved in third-line and second-line support of those solutions and platforms; fixing technical incidents on these platforms (restoring the service) and proposing long term solutions or improvements;
- Participating in cross-functional teams to develop, design and build documents, work plan timelines to meet project timeframes
- Documenting and completing knowledge transfer to other team members
- Working with vendors to resolve problems
- Involved in Watch duty and week-end work activities
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in designing, implementing, maintaining and managing monitoring or ITIL products in large environment (with processes and controls).
- You appreciate technical challenges always keeping in mind our customer needs and requirements;
- You are methodical, well-structured and voluntary;
- You are able to acquire quickly knowledge/expertise on new technologies and products but also keen to sharing your current ones with other team members;
- You are a team player. You strongly believe that being part of a team is a strength;
- You have good knowledge of Windows, Unix and Linux operating systems;
- You have good skills in scripting languages (PERL, Python, Shell, VBS, Java...);
- You have good knowledge (writing/speaking) in English;
Expertise in one or several of the following products (IBM Tivoli Monitoring, IBM Netcool Omnibus, IBM Netcool Impact, CA SDM/ESD, BMC ITSM, BMC ADDM, Splunk, Axway BusinessBridge, IPlabel Newtest) is required.
- A challenging position in a fast growing company with an international presence.
- A stimulating working environment with a really good team spirit maintained by lots of internal events (teambuilding, ...).
- A dynamic culture focused on personal development.
A wide range of training and career development opportunities.