Enterprise Search (ES) is a service that allow users to search information in different sources of a Company or Institution, regardless of where are they stored and the underlying technology. ES services aim to provide staff with tools capable to easily find all the information related to a given topic, and thus to improve the reusability of information and to improve efficiency.
In the context of the European Commission, a study is being carried out in order to gather all relevant information susceptible to be available for Enterprise Search.
In order to do so, a set of Proof of Concepts and pilots need to be carried out in order to assess the feasibility of integration of different technologies currently in use in the European Commission.
The contractor will be part of the team in charge of evaluating different options in order to achieve an effective integration of the different repositories at the commission, as well as the custom adaptations and developments needed.
- Provide technical support on HP Autonomy IDOL
- Provide technical advice on federation of diverse search engines.
- Proof of Concept, prototyping of infrastructure solutions, particularly on the basis of HP Autonomy IDOL and its integration with SharePoint and JEE solutions.
- Provide technical support to facilitate the integration of different solutions of the current IT Infrastructure of the Commission within the Enterprise Search.
- Provide expert advice on Identity and Access Management solutions and infrastructures in the context of Enterprise search
- Experience on similar projects of at least 4 years on HP Autonomy IDOL search engine.
- Proven knowledge on scalable search architectures.
- Proven knowledge on Security models within an Enterprise Search.
- Excellent knowledge of Identity and Access Management protocols and tools (SAML, WS-*, LDAP, CAS, AD, ADFS).
- Experience in search quality optimization
- Languages: Excellent oral and written English level. Excellent technical written skills
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working