My client is engaging in a corporate wide Digital Transformation journey. In this context, they're looking to reinforce their teams with talented professionals eager to shape the future of our customer engagement strategy. My client is one of the leading telecommunication operators on the Belgian market.
Acts as a liaison between business and IT in order to understand, challenge and clarify the business needs. Responsible for the end to end functional design
produces business requirements and functional specifications to support IT in the development/configuration of the appropriate solutions/systems.
Key responsibility areas
- Challenges & translates the business needs into business requirements and use cases that are in line with the systems native capabilities & business architecture guidelines.
- Analyzes and defines the optimal solution taking the business objectives, the time to market and the technical, budget and quality constraints into account, thereby liaising with the business requestor, system analyst(s) and IT architect(s)..
- Issues RFP when appropriate, evaluates suppliers' proposals from a functional perspective and supports the supplier selection process.
- Defines test strategy, functional acceptance test book and acceptance criteria confirming the business requirements are met.
- Responsible for process (re)design : Documents results from the processes and data analysis according to the BPM governance. Advises, filters and implements improvements based on feed-back from the field according to the BPM (inlife)
- May configure and implement the solution leveraging application GUI.
- May manage projects when appointed as responsible for project delivery (depending on the project typology)
- Tools & governance: Concrete deliverables
- Srs (business requirements & rules, use cases)
- Business processes documentation
- Test scenario's and acceptance criteria
- Project plan (as Project Manager)
- Test strategy (as Project Manager)
- with operational people : daily - to understand the business processes - with professionals/experts
- daily with business - to capture the business requirements, to challenge them etc
- daily with IT professionals (system analysts, domain and enterprise architects) - to evaluate possibilities of the system, to integrate the operational constraints in the solution, etc
- with purchase professionals in the context of RFP
- with operational management
- daily to capture the business requirements and challenge
- with Senior management
- to gather business requirements and challenge
- to present solutions
- Specific expertise Business process analysis and modelling (understand complex issues and translate them into processes, document the processes following a given methodology)
- High level overall business understanding
- Very good knowledge of a set of business processes (eg Order to Cash)
- Comprehensive knowledge of IT systems architecture & capabilities Education, specific training and experience
- A bachelor or university degree Or equivalent through experience
- At least 5 years relevant experience in IT or business function
- Developed analytical skills
- Planning and organization skills
- Project Management skills and knowledge of project management tools and techniques
- Interpersonal skills
- Persuasiveness, influencing skills (capacity to challenge and convince)
- Communication skills
- Presentation skills Listening skills
- Teaching skills
- Customer Oriented
- Ideally fluent in English, French and Dutch