My client has the ambition to develop a data-driven culture within the company and is launching a corporate wide program aiming at positioning data as a corporate asset.
As a Data Governance Architect you are responsible for driving the change management at executive and operational levels.
You will position data as a corporate asset within the group.
You will manage all organization-wide Data Governance activities and will define a framework of data policies, standards and processes.
You will also be responsible for the level of consistency, quality and protection needed on Obe information assets to meet overall business needs.
Key responsibility areas
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap, including strategic priorities for development of information-based capabilities and associated technical enablers that will ensure a sustainable data governance within the company (Data lineage, metadata mgmt., master data management, data quality monitoring, enterprise data model, business glossary/data dictionary, etc)
- Roll-out data governance processes throughout the whole organization (transversal collaboration with all departments - B2C, B2B, Cex, Fin, IT/No) and define corresponding roles and responsibilities to ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company's principal information assets (Data Champions, Data Stewards, Data Owners, etc)
- Setup and animate the “Corporate Data Governance Forum” aiming at both ensuring a cross-company alignment on business data / KPI definitions and sharing / validating latest process or policies updates
- Organize communication, create awareness and regularly report at both executive and operational level on the progress done around the data governance program
- Define corporate indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities
- Act as coach and mentor towards key data governance stakeholders and represent Belgium entity in external data governance forums (incl.the Group / Affiliates)
- Specific expertise:
- Business acumen (business processes and underlying data)
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Previous exposure to Enterprise Data Modeling
- Basic expertise in Data Ingestion / Processing and Modeling (Level 1)
- Bu Data Knowledge (Level 1 to 2)
- Exposure to following tools & techniques:
- Data Lineage, Metadata mgmt
- Data quality monitoring
- Data dictionary / business glossary
- Education, specific training and experience:
- You have a university degree or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 5-10 year experience in IT Business Intelligence position
- Minimum 2-3 year exposure to data governance practices (processes, tools, framework)
- Interpersonal skills:
- You are a good communicator with influencing skills
- You are collaborative, customer-minded, flexible and stress-resistant
- Languages: (FR/Du and En)