My client is one of the main actors on the telecommunications market in Belgium.
To maintain and operate systems, regarding functional and operational aspect in order to respect availability and optimal quality of the systems and services.
Key responsibility areas
- Change/Release Management:
- To implement service network solution for the roaming based on business requirement with respect to objectives.
- Validates operations criteria for move to production of new system (HW, SW).
- Assist suppliers in order to validate test & acceptances deliverables and move to production.
- Prepares and implement configuration changes with minimal impact on system and service availability.
- Service Level/Avaibility Management:
- Defines maintenance procedure and realizes preventive maintenance in order to ensure optimal quality of the systems and services.
- Optimize availability by monitoring and reporting on all key elements of availability, Determining availability requirements
- Capacity Management: Monitoring the performance and the throughput of business process, Tuning activities to make efficient use of resources
- Incident/Problem Management:
- Provide second level of support to handle functional and technical incidents or problems
- Create and follow problems/incidents forms with suppliers
- Internal Interactions:
- with operational people (within technical department and customer services)
- with professionals/experts (FO, Back Office,...)
- with supervisors (customer service, back Office :for debriefing, information)
- with operational management (within technical department, customer service, back Office)
- External interactions:
- regular operational follow-up + interaction in case of a new implementation, problems & problem solving
- with contractors (Alcatel,Huawei,NSN,,.)
- with suppliers (Belgacom, Ft,Bics...)
- with competitors (Belgacom, Base...)
- Specific expertise:
- Good knowledge on roaming concepts and architecture.
- Knowledge on general Telco architecture
- Familiarities with the Ss7, Isup, Map, VoIP,Gtp, Diameter protocols
- Knowledge and experience of Service Provider Carrier Networks
- Education, specific training and experience:
- Graduate or industrial engineer IT/Telco or equivalent through experience
- At least 2 years of experience in an operational IT of Telecom environment in a large company
- Analytical skills
- Ability to act proactively
- Sense of initiative
- Interpersonal skills:
- Customer oriented
- Flexible abilities (Night interventions)
- Team spirit minded
- Bilingual NL/Eng of FR/Eng