As of this year, we are cranking up the speed in Rapid Application Development. We're a small team of development experts who believe low-code is the way to go. To keep up with the fast pace of change in the business world, we work with multiple low-code platforms such as Power Apps, Mendix and OutSystems to create fully functioning applications for our customers.
We're like a start-up within a bigger organization, so we benefit from the best of both worlds: the freedom to carve out our own path, while also relying on delaware's existing customer network and resources. Our ambitions? To put Rapid Application Development (RAD) on the map as an alternative for traditional development, and to create value for our customers by providing fast and visible results.
If that sounds like something you'd like to do too, then maybe you're the one we're looking for!
What will you be doing as a Power Apps Developer?
- You'll be closely involved in development projects from concept to go-live: you'll take the lead and think of innovative new ways to build a truly end-to-end solution that fits each customer's needs.
- This means you'll have to get to the root of their concerns. You'll organize workshops to define their needs and continue to play a game of idea ping-pong with stakeholders throughout the company, bringing together their ideas and streamlining meetings.
- You'll experiment and try things out on the platform working shoulder to shoulder with the customer for immediate feedback. We follow the Agile principles whenever possible.
- You'll get to focus on the very essence of application development. There's no need to read long and detailed specs - alignment with the customer is far more important.
- You'll help customers to take small steps towards improved efficiency, replacing arduous manual tasks with handy apps and supporting swift digitization.
- Even though the majority of your work will be technical, you'll also learn a great deal about customers and their business flows. This unique combo is what most of us love about the role!
delaware has offices in Gent, Antwerpen, Wavre, Kortrijk and Lummen. As a Low-code Developer, you'll mainly work from the Gent office, where the rest of your team is located. Our customers really appreciate it when we visit them, so you'll often be working on-site with them too!
Do you have what it takes to become a delaware Power Apps Developer?
Sure, Excel and Access may work fine, but our customers deserve better. Let's see if you can help
- Do you have some degree of affinity with software development and coding? There's no need to be a top-notch coder, but a keen interest is a great start.
- On top of your technical expertise, would you like to interact with customers, too? You'll help them see how our rapid applications can open up many possibilities.
- Do you have some experience of working with Power Apps or the Power Platform? That's a big plus. If you don't, are you willing to learn?
- Besides being a developer, you'll also be your customer's first point of contact. Are you cut out to work independently and handle that responsibility?
- Do you know how to set up and manage projects? These would be nice-to-have skills (and it would be even better if you have some certificates to prove it!).
- Would you describe yourself as a mature developer who knows what they're talking about? A touch of commercial flair will definitely come in handy.
- How would you rate your communication skills? You'll be dealing with customers remotely on a daily basis, and there's a good chance you'll get to meet them face to face too.
Do you see yourself doing all (or some) of the above? Why not come and have a chat with us? That way, you can tell us more about yourself, and we'll let you in on some of our most exciting projects.
Are you keen to help us grow our Rapid Application Development team? Make sure to drop us an e-mail if you have any questions whatsoever. Click the Apply Now button below and hopefully we'll get to meet each other soon!