Connecting Business & Technology
Devoteam is a large international and independent ICT Services Provider with almost 5000 employees in 23 countries in Europe, Middle East and North Africa of whom more than 250 are working in the Belgium Luxembourg Cluster. With our central vision 'Connecting Business & Technology', we aim to be the value partner for our customers that provides efficient ICT services and gradually integrates enriching innovations supporting our customers' business growth.
Think Global, Act Local
Devoteam has a global aligned ICT services portfolio in 7 key domains (IT Transformation, Cloud Transformation, IT Service Excellence, Mobility, Telecom Network Transformation, Data & Information Management, Risk & Security) enhanced with selected partnerships with leading vendors in the Industry allowing us to provide best-of-breed solutions. We continuously invest and deepen our know-how in the fast moving & innovating ICT environment.
The Devoteam Spirit
In this people oriented business, our people are key to the success of Devoteam:
their passion for ICT, their ability to connect to customer's needs, their eagerness for continuous training and specialization, their excellent skills to closely collaborate with our customers and colleagues. Those bring to Devoteam a company culture with an entrepreneurial & strong team spirit, built on our corporate values 'Passion', 'Respect' & 'Frankness'.
As a Devoteam employee you will benefit from a coherent career development platform and you will be connected with an international community of 5000 Devoteam professionals.
Devoteam - Network Security Engineer (ref. DEV-NSE)
- Assess network security needs: After conducting a thorough assessment of enterprise-class networks, network security engineers need to suggest mitigation strategies
- Come up with network security policies: Network security engineers need to play a role in devising comprehensive network security policies:
- Identify security strategies needed to deal with the risks;
- Put in place policies for allocating administrative tasks;
- Keep on top of audit logs to flag suspicious activity; and devising network password procedures.
- Work on business continuity/disaster recovery strategy: Network security engineers should conduct disaster recovery tests routinely, publish results of these tests and make any changes necessary to address deficiencies.
- Network security engineers should also conduct yearly business impact assessments.
- Test solutions prior to implementation: Network security engineers need to know how to test new network component, software, switch hardware and routers before implementation.
- Doing so will help to maintain the integrity of corporate networks.
- Keep abreast of security system logs.
- It is critical not only to review security system logs that include firewall system logs and intrusion detection systems, but also to report on any irregularities or issues.
- Fix problems on-site and off-site: Network security engineers need to be able to examine, troubleshoot and fix network irregularities both at the office and remotely.
- The ideal candidate has gained at least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar function, has deep knowledge in routing, switching, wireless and wan acceleration; possess a master degree or equivalent by experience.
- Has gained deep knowledge in Security Products like Firewalls (Cisco - Juniper - Palo Alto), Proxies (Bluecoat - Squid - TMG), Load Balancers (F5), VPN SSL Solutions (Cisco Any Connect, Checkpoint Secure Client), I(D-P)S (Cisco - Juniper - ...) and Radius products.
- Has a good understanding of basic cryptographic concepts like PKI, Certificates, and Private and Public keys.
- Knowledge of the Network Virtualization (NVGRE - VXLAN) and Logical segregation (including VLAN-PVLAN, VRF - VPN, MPLS).
- Certification like CCNA or CCNP Security will be considered as an asset.
- Ability to create technical document than can be clearly understood by readers by presenting useful information that is clear and easy to understand for the intended audience
- Possess the background knowledge and experience to take pragmatic, informed and responsible decisions that are both technical sound and take the needs of the customer fully into account;
- Has good communication skills and speak fluently in Dutch and/or French and has good command in English;
- A challenging and variable job in an international and dynamic company.
- Thanks to the personal follow up we are able to provide real career opportunities and planning.
- An attractive salary plus interesting fringe benefits