Context of the mission
The purpose of a Senior PM is to make sure the business users will benefit from the asked and agreed requirements on time and within budget, especially for complex projects where different processes, use of data and reports are impacted. A same focus needs to be set for the IT solution where besides of application also topics like infrastructure, database and security needs to be taken into account.
- Plan and ensure execution of one or more IT projects within set timelines and budget
- You will ensure the complete delivery of the solution by integrating both IT and business stakeholders, where ensuring will be based on the satisfaction of the users of the implemented solution
- You will work in different business areas (utility based) with a broad range of IT applications. You actively pursue and coordinate the end to end implementation, leading a multi-disciplinary team of business and IT experts. The core applications used are SAP and Salesforce.com interconnected by an ESB.
- As a seasoned IT Project Manager, you will focus on the business needs and are able to make the connection between business and IT easily, both on requirements level as on IT solution level, without being the technology specialist.
- You are able to manage both waterfall and Agile projects in a Time and Means or fixed price contract execution mode as committed.
- You will actively participate in the preparation phase (RFP, pilot's, budget and business case definition) to ensure the delivery of the project scope in the agreed time and budget.
- You will be the trusted companion of your sponsors and stakeholders during the whole project, and especially during the steering committees, and provide them with regular and clear project statuses and prepare actively management decisions requested.
- You will bring guidance and coaching to your business and IT resources (process owners, key users, functional analysts, technical analysts, developers, testers, change agents, etc.) and report on their performance and evolution towards the relevant business unit manager.
- You will act in a team accountability mode, where you as Senior PM will be the key spokesperson, working closely with key stakeholders: business process owners, key users, Enterprise Architects, Business Engagement Managers, and other business units where needed.
- Master degree or have attained comparable level through relevant experience
- at least 10 years of experience as an IT Project Manager, preferably in an IT applications area (SAP, Salesforce, Enterprise Bus within utility market environment). Track of successful project implementations.
- master English and are at least conversational in Dutch or French
- thorough experience in working with tools as MS Project
- ease in project management methodologies such as Prince2, experience in Agile and/or having methodology certification is considered an asset
- a good general understanding of business context and complex IT projects technologies and systems
- Have successfully ended large (up to 3 M €) and/or complex project implementations, including fixed price projects and/or 3rd party sub-contractors management.
- able to work in a team accountability environment and able to forge collaboration between business and IT colleagues
- possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- able to manage stakeholders
- excellent and proactive organizer with strong tracking and follow-up skills
- correct, though persistent