Deployment coordination both on technical & admin level from predefined engineering design up to as-built acceptance for a large Network infrastructure project within set time frame, scope and budget.
- Report to lead PM operationally, to line mgt hierarchically
- Align with lead PM on timing, budget and scope of the entire program, and each incorporated (sub) project.
- Absorb knowledge on tools, dBases and documents that are required to achieve the deliverables.
- The Technical Project Manager will be accountable for project documentation and delivery status updates in the above mentioned tools, dBases and documents.
- Facilitate & preside weekly hands-on operations meetings with involved fiber, transmission, installation and service operating center groups. This assembly of key project hands-on members will be the hands-on project team.
- Create a long term overall planning of all deliverables within the preset leadtimes of each deliverable or subtrack, in accordance with the lead PM's input.
- Create a detailed week planning 2 to 3 weeks upfront actual work order execution, in cooperation with the hands-on project team members.
- Both long-term and detailed planning should facilitate all involved operations groups to forecast and actually allocate required resources sufficiently upfront
- This planning overview needs to be translated in a clear weekly status report that can be used by Lead PM to update the departemental stakeholders on progress, attention points or risks, for example during Steerco meetings.
- Flag to lead PM all major issues and risks as they occur or become clear. This will be an evolving knowledge of what parameters are deemed severe or critical.
- Monitor Project expenditure details on frequent basis and align with lead PM to ensure they do not exceed the project or program budget. If a structural overshoot of (partial) budget would start to manifest, escallate asap towards lead PM.
- In case additional equipment and/or vendor orders become mandatory, flag these needs and their budget impact to lead PM.
- Announce and cross check all non-commercial migration efforts between the the different involved entities.
- As of a certain phase in the program as a subproject, certain commercial services need to be migrated from legacy to newly build Network infrastructure. This migration also needs coordination and follow-up on with external customers. The primary communication and mitigation of customer demands versus Telenet goals in such large migration project is the prerequisite of customer's Service Manager(SM) whenever applicable. For customers where no SM is allocated, the Customer project manager (CPM) knows both customer as well as the deployed solution, and should also be consulted upfront further progress.
- Certain details and communications, the technical PM will have to communicate directly after alignment as mentioned above with SM and/or CPM.
- The lead PM will provided guidance and coaching towards the Technical PM so the latter can gradually take ownership on most of his/her work package in an evolving autonomous fashion.
Internal and External Contacts - Hierarchical Position
- Internal: Service Assurance (operations and build organisation) groups, Telenet Business (Service Deliver & Management), Business and Program Office (Lead PM and Line mgt), Telenet Group and Telenet Subco('s)
- External: TB clients in a specific phase of the program
- Reports to:
- operationally to Lead PM,
- hierarchically to line mgt of Business and Program Office
- coordination & admin Responsible for about 4 related implementation projects with a total duration of +- 2Y.
- could be extended as new projects under same or other lead PM would require additional and similar coordination efforts
- Training and experience level
- Civil engineer / Industrial engineer with Telecom experience, or at least a proven track record in large Telecom technical infra projects. Hands-on experience is a plus, more than solely helicopter view approach.
- At least 2 years experience in Telecom
- At least 2 years experience in project management
- Language skills EN / FR / NL