Econocom designs, finances and oversees companies’ digital transformation. With over 9.000 employees in 19 countries and revenue in excess of € 2.3 billion, Econocom has all the requisite abilities to ensure the successful implementation of large-scale digital projects : consulting, sourcing and technology management & financing of digital assets, infrastructure, application and business solution services, and project financing. The Econocom Group share is part of the BelMid index.
Join Econocom & start your digital adventure ! #digitalforallnow
Econocom - Network and Security Engineer
- Physical installations: aka “racking and stacking”, installation, initial configuration and troubleshooting of new equipment, maintain the computer rooms. Follow the cabling and installation standards.
- Support: Offer operational support on wired and wireless networks for all entities connected to the Network either directly or by assisting the local IT support staff. The ICT Infrastructure specialist will be the first point of contact for local IT resources in branch offices for Network related support.
- Monitoring: Follow up and maintain the various monitoring systems used for Network and Security
- Firewalling: Troubleshoot and make routine changes to the different Firewall systems
- LAN & WAN: Installation and configuration of Cisco switches in the different remote offices, factories as also communicate with global WAN provider to ensure a reliable and performant connection to the different sites.
- Documentation: Interpret and maintain technical documentation
- Technically knowledgeable and constantly keeping abreast of market evolutions
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Hands on mentality, taking initiative
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies are an advantage:
- Cisco wired and wireless environments
- Cabling standards, switching and routing
- Monitoring systems (Netflow, realtime alerts, snmp, syslog)
- Firewalling systems (Cisco, Palo Alto)
- SSL VPN (Juniper MAG)
- Load balancers, reverse Proxy (F5)
- Layer 1, 2 & 3 networking and support
- Wireless standards
- VLSM, Subnetting and routing
- TCP/IP and OSI layers 1-7
- Troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, Fiddler, DOS commands)
- DNS & DHCP
- Windows Server 2008-2012
- Stress resistant and independent
- Able to communicate with colleagues
- Dutch, French and English speaking
- Understand the needs of the business and willing to go the extra mile when required
- Prepared to travel for short periods (1 to 2 weeks) at most 3 or 4 times per year.
- Additionally the Network engineer will be part of a 24/7 standby team for critical incidents approximately once every 8 weeks.
If you are interested in this function and if you have the skills required, please send your most updated CV via the button below.