We are looking for a Senior DB2 Database Administrator to join FPS Finances. Much of the work can be done remotely, but there will be some expected travel to the datacenters located in Brussels. As a Senior DB2 Database Administrator for the Bluestack team, together with your team members you will own, manage, and maintain the DB2 environments that support a state government agency.
- Design and execute overall database architecture strategy, standards and practices.
- Collaborate to develop data models for business processes.
- Work with the Application Development team to ensure database change timeliness and adherence to best practices.
- Identify and troubleshoot database performance issues in all areas of the enterprise.
- Ensure industry-wide security standards.
- Design and develop complex PL / SQL code and ETL processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation and occasional off-hours tasks (DR tests, DBMS upgrades, UAT refreshes, etc.).
- Performance tune complex SQL statements.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
- 10+ years experience in data integration, data movement and / or database administration preferred.
- Advanced RDBMS knowledge in DB2 LUW 11.1 with a focus on high volume OLTP production support.
- Recommended experience in DB2 LUW 11.1 Purescale installation and configuration, including upgrading and patching.
- DB2 LUW Hadr experience.
- Advanced experience tuning queries, interpreting execution plans, making index recommendations and an understanding of how to influence the SQL query engine.
- ETL experience, including data exports, imports and transformation.
- Proficient in PL / SQL development, troubleshooting and optimization.
- SUSE 12.4, 12.5, 15.1 proficiency or AIX proficiency.
Do you want to join an exciting work environment? You love to indulge in new challenges You want to create an added value for society by digitalising the services proposed to the citizens ? In this case, an ICT job within a public services is made for you. Besides, we aim at a nice balance between professional and private life by offering teleworking, flexible work hours, buildings easily reachable by public transportations en offer you a benchmarked salary, including a whole set of extralegal advantages.