The Assets IT Project Manager's job entails completing a variety of IT projects primarily linked to asset management. You may also be required to manage projects related to other Elia areas.
More specifically, we are looking for a Project Manager who is able to assess assets market solutions and integrate these into Elia's current application portfolio for this area of activity.
The Assets Department (i.e. the Assets IT Project Manager's client) is, in particular, responsible for the management of Elia Grid assets in the broadest sense (including drawing up and applying maintenance and replacement policies, monitoring costs/risks, managing performance and ensuring that work on assets is carried out safely, efficiently and in line with the relevant quality requirements).
The duties of the Assets IT Project Manager are as follows
- managing IT projects, including launching and following up on projects, planning their implementation, monitoring their scope, budget and schedule, managing issues and risks, drafting progress reports, producing documentation, and so on;
- working with the business to set priorities within your project portfolio;
- cooperating on and synchronising IT projects upstream or downstream of your projects with a view to dealing with scheduling constraints and unlocking synergies between projects;
- testing the requirements provided by the business (scope table) prior to their approval;
- validating and verifying specifications drawn up by the business and - for software developed within Elia - translating these into a functional, technical design based on Microsoft technologies (.NET);
- working with the Purchasing Department to complete the project phases required when purchasing software: carrying out market studies, identifying existing solutions, managing calls for tenders (RFIs/RFPs), determining acceptance criteria, evaluating bids, analysing the integration architecture and integrating the software into the existing application landscape using APIs or integration bus solutions - this is the most important skill for this role;
- managing a team of internal and/or external developers together with the .NET technical manager;
- validating a strategy on tests and quality management and monitoring these during rollout;
- overseeing software releases;
- supporting end users (second line);
- organising and prioritising the maintenance of the developed solutions.
- You hold a university degree with a focus on IT, preferably specialising in assets, or have equivalent experience in the field.
- You have several years' relevant experience as a Project Manager tasked with selecting IT products through calls for tender (RFIs/RFPs) and monitoring the implementation and integration of these products.
- You also have relevant experience as a manager of IT projects based on Microsoft architecture (e.g. .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server) or as a Business Analyst. You can communicate easily with developers on technical matters.
- You can communicate easily with operators on technical and design matters.
- You are fluent in either Dutch or French, with a sound grasp of the other language and very good English.
- You have an analytical mind and good organisational skills.
- You are customer-driven and a good communicator and you work well in a team.
- You keep abreast of the latest IT developments.
- Knowledge of and experience in the electricity and/or energy sector would be an asset.
- Familiarity with asset management solutions (market products) supporting asset management processes would also be a major advantage.
- You can integrate market products into Elia's existing application architecture (via Web services, a communication bus, a common data model, and so on).