The IT Energy Settlement Metering Applications & Projects Department is responsible for the development and long-term maintenance of IT tools for Elia's operational processes. These include IT management of metering, settlement and data publication processes.
The IT Application and Project Manager's job entails completing a variety of IT projects relating to the department's Transparency & Publication activities (publication of Belgian electricity market and transfer data) as well as operational management of applications in this area.
The role is also part of Elia Group's digitalization strategy. The IT Project Manager will be involved in various upgrade and information exchange projects, in partnership with the German entity 50hertz and/or other entities within Elia Belgium.
Your main tasks will include
- managing IT projects, including launching and monitoring projects, planning their implementation, monitoring their scope, budget and schedule, resolving problems, managing risks, drafting progress reports, producing documentation, and so on;
- working with the business to set priorities within your project portfolio;
- cooperating on and synchronizing IT projects upstream or downstream of your projects with a view to dealing with scheduling constraints and realizing synergies between projects;
- testing requirements provided by the business prior to their approval;
- validating and verifying specifications drawn up by the business and - in the case of software developed within Elia - translating these into a functional, technical design based mainly on Microsoft technologies (.NET);
- managing a team of internal and/or external developers together with the .NET technical manager and closely monitoring projects entailing software that is purchased or developed externally;
- validating a strategy on tests and quality management and implementing and/or monitoring these;
- overseeing and contributing in the software releases until Production;
- supporting end users (second line);
- organizing and prioritizing the corrective maintenance and upgrading of developed solutions.
- You hold a university degree or equivalent, specializing in IT and ideally also in electricity.
- You have several years' relevant experience as a Business Analyst or manager of IT projects based on Microsoft architecture (.NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server). You can communicate easily with developers on technical matters.
- You can work as a leader in a Waterfall approach, and also as a facilitator in an Agile/Scrum approach. Experience of lean management would be an asset.
- You can communicate easily with workers on technical and design matters.
- You are fluent in either Dutch or French and have a sound grasp of the other language, as well as being highly proficient in English.
- You have an analytical mind and good organizational skills.
- You are customer-driven and a good communicator and you work well in a team.
- You keep abreast of the latest IT developments.
- Knowledge of and experience in the electricity and/or energy sector would be an asset.