Elmos - Technical Architect
We are currently going through a transformation. This business transformation needs to be supported by a technology transformation. Our current Java based application is running on a fairly standard setup technical setup (VMware on ESX, Cisco and F5 for networking, IBM WebSphere,...). We are moving towards a Cloud native infrastructure based on automation, continuous integration and continuous delivery. Our recent acquisitions also offer key integration challenges. We need the Support of a Senior technical architect to help us achieve our goals.
- You take ownership of, and drive the decision process of the technical architecture roadmap setting short, medium and long term goals
- You will be the authority within the IT department when it comes to technical architecture
- You will take an active role in both business and technical projects ensuring technical consistency and active Support on architecture level
- You represent IT Operations in the corporate architecture community ensuring consistency with the business
- You create and update Infrastructure Service Design documentation ensuring that the correct implementation takes place
- You interact with different levels of the organization, network, system, DBA, Security, etc. ensuring buy-in of the design
- You make budgetary estimates, both in terms of CAPEX and OPEX and you document those in writing
- You are passionate about new technologies. (OpenStack, Openshift, Kubernetes, AWS)
- You have a good functional and technical understanding of the various components in an infrastructure landscape (Compute, network and Storage components)
- We are in a business where financial transactions are performed in a secure way. You have a good understanding of security components (CA/PKI infra, HSM,...) and their integration into an infrastructure design
- Must haves:
- Microservices: Openshift (of Kubernetes)
- Cloud Architecture: AWS (mogelijk gecombineerd met andere)
- Private Cloud: OpenStack
- Nice to have:
- Infrastructure-as-code: Ansible, Terraform
- SQL: Postgres / Oracle solutions.
- NoSQL: Cassandra
- Java Application Servers: Tomcat/JBoss/WebSphere
- You can talk to both Senior management and engineers on an appropriate level
- You are hands-on when it comes to the administrative part of the job
- You can drive change in an organization.