Technical Architects are responsible for designing the technical architecture in a specific IS area and updating it in the medium and long term in response to business needs and services offered to the ENGIE IT catalogue. They endeavor to find the best compromise between:
- the resources of the existing infrastructure;
- alignment with the reference framework in which the IS is integrated;
- IS performance (e.g. scalability, maintainability, operability, reusability, cost).
They ensure that all IT resources and their upgrades are consistent (Hardware, applications, databases, networks, Middleware, operating systems) by making the most of the state of the art. They make every effort to meet the required level of service and guarantee security.
- Conceptualizing :
- Producing technical architecture files so that solutions can be implemented
- Aligning technical architecture with the Group IT Department's and ENGIE IT's standards
- Contributing to the industrialization, streamlining and urbanization of technical services
- Complying with the architectural practices in effect while contributing to knowledge management and enrichment of the architecture framework
- Verifying and analyzing the technical impact of new solutions, consistency and the performance of technical architecture
- Measuring the economic and financial effects of these solutions
- Applying ENGIE IT's project management methodology
- Defining the technical architecture roadmap to meet the challenges of handling obsolescence, security, functional needs and resource optimization
- Developing control over application architecture and its assimilation into technical architecture
- Maintaining a technology watch over major market players
- Contributing to service capacity planning
- Recommending and/or advising:
- For any new project or new technology, teaming up with the Application Architect and the experts to assess the impact on existing or forecast architecture and recommend technical choices that ensure the upgrade's consistency and performance
- Helping to draw up and update technical standards
- Advising the functional area's Information System Architect on the use of ENGIE IT services
- Offering customers improvements to solutions
- Putting forward suggestions for defining ENGIE IT's technical policy and proposing innovative solutions
- Arguing in favor of the proposed architecture in the technical architecture validation body
- Working in a team with experts and project managers
- Promoting the technical architecture to the development and operational IT teams
- Participating in the architect community by making pertinent suggestions
- Professional experience: 5 years (including 3 years in architecture)
- You have real expertise:
- In the implementation of services around the Office 365 offering.
- In the design of technical architectures in the public Cloud (Azure, AWS), reinforced by an experience of architectures in DataCenter
- In the integration of Cloud and on-premises platforms
- You think 'infrastructure as a code' and write this approach in a context of hybridization of services between the public Cloud and on-premises infrastructures.
- You have a perfect command of AWS and Azure IaaS offerings (Compute, Storage, Network, Security) and have a very good knowledge of PaaS offers.
- You have already designed and implemented complex public Cloud architectures for projects with high availability and security requirements.
- Curious, you are constantly informed of developments in these offers and know how to identify their impacts and opportunities on an existing.
- A knowledge of Architecture (ArchiMate - ARIS) and project management tools is a plus.
- An acquaintance of "TOGAF" will be an asset for this position.
- You speak French and English, Dutch is a plus.
- Concise, precise, you have good oral and written skills, adapted to your interlocutors.
- Pragmatic, you are looking for a good compromise between the different technical and non-technical aspects.
- With real leadership, you can develop a strategic vision, while having the ability to capitalize, communicate and transmit your knowledge in a Knowledge Management approach.
- You have a real ability to adhere and convince.
- You can work independently, to conduct studies but also as a team with a real sense of collaboration