The Job Description
You are part of the Ontology team, and report directly to the Head of Ontologies at ERTMS Solutions. As an expert, you act as a team member and are in direct contact with the clients.
- Thanks to your thorough understanding of our customers' domain of activity, you analyze our customers' needs and develop logical models of their activities (taking the form of ontologies). You will be using our Odase platform, based on the W3C Ontologies standards of (Owl, RDF and Swrl).
- Depending on your background, and more specifically if you have an IT background, you contribute to the prototyping and development of Ontologies integration and user interface software (in Java or .NET)
- You are responsible for the clients' training on our tools and the knowledge transfer to our customers
- You actively participate to our R&D recurrent brainstorming and developments in close relationship with academic partners.
You might be working on projects where travel is needed (up to 30%), and you are based in Brussels, Belgium
- You have a degree in Mathematics or Physics, or Computer Science
- You can thoroughly understand the customers' domain and activities and translate them into a logic and mathematical description. You will be required to demonstrate such ability
- You used to work or currently work in the railway industry or have a solid knowledge of the industry
- You have a sound interest in software development as it might become a possible future evolution within the team.
- You have already gained a few years of experience in a client-oriented environment. You have demonstrated efficient communication skills, not only to understand the customers' needs and activities, but also to solve potential issues and maintain this excellent communication.
- You have excellent abstract reasoning and complex problem-solving skills
- Fluency in English and French and/or Dutch is required. Knowledge of any other European language is a plus
- Knowledge of the standards Owl, RDF and Swrl is a plus
We offer you the perfect place to bring your passion for complex technological challenges into play and learn new skills in a family-minded, cutting-edge and very dynamic atmosphere.
You will be given the opportunity to work on challenging assignments and develop your potentials through very innovative projects. Moreover, your evolution will be followed and you will be encouraged to attend training courses and conferences to broaden your knowledge and realize yourself.
You can also count on an open culture based on mutual trust and a respectful work/life balance - including flexible working hours and a teleworking policy - as well as a fair salary package and fringe benefits.
Interested? Send your CV and cover letter via the button below.