Euroclear - Red Hat Linux Senior Engineer
Group Technology Services (GTS) plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure of Euroclear, and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. GTS operates its IT systems and IT services in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
GTS-Linux which is an Agile team working within Sprints and is responsible for the 3rd level support of 1200+ Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers running various applications. The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects using GNU/Linux as well as accountable and responsible for the security and stability of Linux environments.
We are looking for an enthusiastic new Red Hat Linux Senior Engineer to join the team.
Your tasks will include but not limited to
Provide 3rd level support of all Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers within Euroclear.
Investigate and resolve Incident and Request Tickets.
- Review and sign-off documentation for Projects that requires Linux environments.Produce documentation (Architectural Designs) for new projects that requires Linux environments.
- Participate with project teams, change management, problem management and other essential meetings required for production stability.
- Participate with the evolution of Red Hat Enterprise Linux by testing new products and patches.
- Participate with Watchduty, Local Disaster Recovery (Ldr SWAPs) and Regional Disaster Recovery (RDR SWAPs) and other team activities.
- Participate in our Agile Sprint cycle and adhere to our mandatory ceremonies: Sprint Review, Retrospective, Sprint Planning and our daily Scrum meetings.
- Travel across entities may be required (Brussels/London and Paris) for meetings or various work activities.
Please note that the position will include work activities such as Watch Duty, Change management, Ldr SWAPs and RDR SWAPs and are compensated as weekend workloads.
Soft & Technical skills required
We expect the candidate to be at a level comparable to Red Hat Certified Architect, or demonstrating equivalent experience (5-10 years in a senior Linux administrator position);
A degree in computer science or in engineering would be a plus.
Strong knowledge is required in the following areas
- Design and operation of standardized RHEL 6/7/8/* servers
Design and operation of Red Hat High-Availability Clustering
(Rgmanager & Pacemaker)
- Operation & Automation using Ansible and Ansible Tower
- Implementation and troubleshooting of SELinux in enforced state
- Design and operation focus on IT security and compliance, taking security aspects and compliance management as integral part of any projects.
- Scripting : Proficient at Bash and/or Python
- Operation of RH Satellite and servers registered with Satellite
- Advanced Troubleshooting of the GNU/Linux OS and its major base components, notably:
- Performance analysis and tuning
- Network diagnostics (TCPdump, Firewall, TCP/IP routing)
- Server hardening
Additional technical skills/experience:
- Operation in a complex VMware virtualized environment
- Security tools and concepts (Advanced SSH, SSL, PKI, etc.)
- Web/ E-Business technologies (LDAP, Apache, WebSphere, etc.)
- Financial services / controlled environment exposure: Due the sensitive nature of our business, Euroclear systems are subject to tight change control procedures. A familiarity with and understandng of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
- Financial services / high resilience environment exposure : The nature of Euroclear's business requires a high level of fault tolerance and disaster recovery ability. Familiarity with multi-DataCenter design for resilient business services is a definite plus, including network and Storage disaster-resistant designs.
- Nfsv3 and Nfsv4 client and server, in clustered environments
- Container orchestrator based on Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Cloud Solution, experience with implementation on Azure/AWS/...
- Oracle DB, IBM MQseries, Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct for Unix;, PowerBroker v10.x, Quest Authentification Services (QAS) v4.x, CyberArk (Psmp, Opm)
- Professional administration of other Linux distributions
- Additional scripting and programming languages : Perl, C/C++, PowerShell
- Ability to use the following products is required for day-to-day tasks: Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office Products, Cisco Jabber & Webex
What we offer
- We offer an excellent opportunity to practice and develop your talents in a highly professional and motivated team, dealing with multi-domains and involved in some of the most strategic projects for the company.
- You will have the possibility to extend your IT skills and progressively evolve to one of the various possible career paths.
- This role gives you the opportunity to work with recent technologies that will require you to continuously develop your experience and skills.
- You will receive trainings to further evolve in the role.
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 4,000 employees represent 80 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background.