Euroclear - IT Windows System Administrator / Engineer
Group Technology Services (GTS) plans, builds and runs the global infrastructure of Euroclear, and is additionally responsible for the IT service management to the operating entities of the various Group markets. GTS operates its IT systems and IT services in such a way that, at an appropriate and benchmarked cost level, it can deliver the agreed levels of service to support the requirements of the business processes, for both normal operations and during disaster recovery.
The core of the IT System Management lies in the scanning, evaluating, selecting, adopting and decommissioning of core technologies for the Euroclear IT infrastructure environments. This requires the function holder not only to maintain close relationships with the key technology providers, but also to develop a consistent technology strategy and life-cycle management plans backed up with a forward looking Hardware and software budget (capital expenditure as well as operating expenditure).
You will be responsible for organizing, planning, executing and improving a wide spectrum of deliverables:
- Windows Server Platform management in general (from server delivery to decommissioning)
- Software deployment and security patching of the Windows platform.
- Management and organization of the Windows Server park evolution through standard infrastructure releases.
- Day to day management of the installed server base (quality checks, compliance with standards...)
- Quality check before launching Windows Servers in production
- Process owner of the Phase-Out of obsolete servers
- Management of Windows Servers information
- Management of Antivirus infrastructure & Antivirus updates on Windows Servers
- Management of the Virtualization platform and associated ESX hosts
- Review of Change Requests (CAN's) and launch-scenarios for planned activities related to the Windows production environment
- Organization and staffing of planned activities execution related to Windows production environment (Releases, DCS Swaps, RDR, Weekend launches etc.)
The position is Brussels based on a full time basis and includes night work shift (from 4:00pm to 11:00pm) and weekend work assigned on a rotational basis (expected once every 4-5 weeks).
- You have proven experience in managing and supporting complex and large Windows Servers environments (Windows 2008, 2012, 2016).
- You have experience in using a deployment infrastructure (BMC Blade Logic preferably).
- Very good knowledge on one or more areas: HP Hardware, Antivirus infrastructure, Virtualization.
- You are able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Knowledge of clustering and load balancing solutions.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP arch.: DNS, DHCP, TCP, subnetting, DMZ.
- Knowledge of one or more areas: CIM/CSP, TSM, Networker, Vblock, SAN, MSCS, HLB, terminal services and remote access.
- You are fluent in English. Fluency in French or in Dutch is an asset.
- You are eager to learn, analytical and have an integration mindset
- Yan easily adapt to new circumstances/technologies/procedures.
- Able to handle administrative tasks (as well as interesting technologies).
- Have good analytical skills/ complex problem solving skills.
- Balance quality and speed while keeping high standards of rigor.
- Demonstrate vision, examining matters from a distance and putting them in a broader context and time perspective
- Make and maintain a strong, credible first impression in different situations
- Strong team player, flexible and pro-active
- You are service-minded and have good communication skills
We offer an excellent opportunity to practice and develop your talents in a highly professional and motivated team, dealing with multi-domains and getting involved in some of the most strategic files for the company.
This role is part of the Expert career orientation.
Explore or develop your soft skills? More on Pulse+ Steer your Career
Euroclear recruits people from all walks of life. Our 3,500 employees represent 89 nationalities, of which over 50% are women. We are deeply convinced that diversity of talents, backgrounds and opinions is a key to success, by fostering engagement, energy and innovation. We are committed to promoting diversity within the organisation, as well as an inclusive environment where everyone can be themselves, feels valued and respected, regardless of their background