About The Challenge
At Ngdata, the customer is in the center of our day-to-day activities. The objective is to empower them to maximize the value of their digital marketing transformation. As a Big Data Engineer at Ngdata, you will get the chance to design, implement and configure innovative software for and with the customers. Therefore, a passion for all aspects of software development as well as customer-centric working are of high importance.
You will become a true liaison and trusted partner for Ngdata's customers, supporting both existing customer relations as well as new customer roll-outs. You will design, develop and roll-out exemplary and thoroughly tested code for the most challenging aspects of the product or product sub-systems, from inception through integration to staging and production environments.
Next to that, you will be creatively solving problems while collaborating and working effectively with multiple stakeholders of different technical backgrounds. The implementation and maintenance of the Ngdata solution on site or cloud based at customers is definitely a recurring task.
Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience in designing, building and integrating large-scale software applications in the cloud or on customer premise. You've got a strong technical background with functional understanding of data-centric software solutions and a willingness and capacity to expand leadership and technical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, test-driven collaborative and iterative programming
- Proficient Linux user with basic Linux administration skills;
- Knowledgeable of the RESTful concept;
- Experience building and designing large-scale distributed applications;
- Good knowledge developing and debugging in Java/J2EE;
- Sound knowledge of Relational Databases (RDBMS), SQL databases, data modelling and programming
- Maven, GIT, IntelliJ/eclipse, unit testing are a must as is experience with Python;
- Understanding of schedulers, workload management, availability, scalability and distributed data platforms;
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, develop user stories and work through backlogs;
- You are willing to work at a customer location and travel when needed
We are not a recruitment agency and we are not a consultancy agency either. We're a different breed. We are tech talent integrators and this is how we roll...
- You become part of the Exellys community (we pay you, while your career takes off) but you are working on a challenging project for our client.
- You get a personal career coach, access to technical trainings and are encouraged to obtain certificates to match your needs and ambitions.
- After two years, you'll get the opportunity to work for the client as a permanent employee (they pay you, while your career is accelerated).
Sparked your interest? Want to know more about the job? About Exellys? About our remuneration package? You know what to do... Hit the apply button and become excellent!